RTE presenter mocks contestant

Started by Arthur_Friend, December 11, 2011, 09:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur_Friend

I've come to really dislike some of the 'personalities' on RTE recently but this chick really pushes the boat out. What do you think?

http://www.politics.ie/forum/media/177569-rte-presenter-mocks-irish-speakers-accent-live-tv.html

Ignorant tr**p in my opinion.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

seafoid

ONeill

Jaysus it wasn't that bad. I think she was maybe stung by Whelan winding her that she mightn't know what it meant so she repeated it a few times. She seemed polite enough after that.

You should try the BBC's MOTD. They giggle amongst each other when they cannot pronounce a non-Englishman's name.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

It's not live, if RTE felt it was offensive they would have edited it out. third post is probably right "The presenter is jealous of the contestant because the contestant is better looking then she is. Simple and immature behaviour."

Main Street

Her manner and body language changed when she turned to face the lady she called "Cotchleen".
She mocked the contestant's choice of number before Marty took the piss out of her when he said 'thats nr 4'
Bizarre that she kept digging a hole for herself.
She pulled off the difficult task off making a perfectly cringeworthy banal show, even more cringeworthy.
There could well be something that she felt inferior to the lovely Caitín and was thrown off her stride, assuming she has some presenter's stride.

5 Sams

Storm in a teacup lads...an ignorant  wannabe D4 bimbo tryin to make her way in the world...Gráinne would show her a thing or two...but it would be like the Gooch advising an U12 lad...chill.
The Aristocrat Years

ross4life

Speaking of Gráinne... i switched over to RTE last week to see Modern life,she was getting a quare eye full when a gal was getting her vag pierced.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

5 Sams

Quote from: ross4life on December 12, 2011, 11:54:41 PM
Speaking of Gráinne... i switched over to RTE last week to see Modern life,she was getting a quare eye full when a gal was getting her vag pierced.
Dont believe you Ross..have you ever heard of rule 1???
The Aristocrat Years

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

5 Sams

:D :D :D She looks a wee bit scared!! Fair play Ross :o
The Aristocrat Years

Bord na Mona man

Nothing too serious. It is Winning Streak after all and the banter will be inane at best. Geri Maye was possibly jealous of Cáitlín and got catty towards her.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I know the Dublin lads will be on to claim its not true, but I have noticed an anti-Northern and and anti-West of Ireland, anti-GAA, anti-Irish language attitude up in Dublin. Its more a subtle thing rather than an in your face phenomenon. Of course its not all Dubs otherwise they wouldn't have such good teams in football and hurling or have so many Gaeilgeoirs, but there is most certainly a significant % of the population who hates anything that appears Irish, especially Gaelic. I lived there for 5 years by the way and in general enjoyed it.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Captain Obvious