Mice help

Started by tyrone girl, December 01, 2011, 09:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 11:53:42 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on December 01, 2011, 11:42:26 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 11:19:11 AM
They wont be cos im gonna be on the sofa for the considerable future i think. For at least a week anyway while i pray this gets sorted  :-\
Look I know a bit about this, worked in pest control for a few years.  By the sounds of things (not going for the traps etc) your problem is not mice.  It nearly a certainty that this is a case of large spiders that have been breeding in your home for the last year.

But surely i would see a spider somewhere if this was the case?
No they are feeding the mice at the minute.  You will start to see them when they get hungry and start wondering around the house for more food.

tyrone girl

Are you taking the piss or what? Thought u said mice wasnt the problem. Whats the scurrying match i hear round the room at night? Always seems to be after 12 am when the house goes quiet that the noise starts

mylestheslasher

Spiders me hole  :D

Its mice alright. They can make a serious racket. The pellets are the poison I was on about. Its called "Storm" (you should get it in any hardware store). Serious stuff. Use a hammer to break into into little bits and spread it around. Use gloves when you do this and wash your hands when finished. Also, do not leave it where your pet can get it or you will have a dead pet to sort out too.

HiMucker

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 12:13:09 PM
Are you taking the piss or what? Thought u said mice wasnt the problem. Whats the scurrying match i hear round the room at night? Always seems to be after 12 am when the house goes quiet that the noise starts
Im only winding ye up.  Seriously though, a cat is the best cure and prevention.  It will sort hem out in a day or two.  They do breed like crazy so your best to sort it soon.

Bingo

Quote from: HiMucker on December 01, 2011, 12:21:30 PM
Im only winding ye up.  Seriously though, a cat is the best cure and prevention.  It will sort hem out in a day or two.  They do breed like crazy so your best to sort it soon.

;D Fair play, was wondering how long that would last!

HiMucker

Poison works alright, but you cant retrieve the carcases and ye be left with dead vermon rotting in your house.  A cat however will bring the trophies to its master.

HiMucker

Quote from: Bingo on December 01, 2011, 12:22:52 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on December 01, 2011, 12:21:30 PM

;D Fair play, was wondering how long that would last!
I felt bad, AND I didnt no if she would buy my next line which was going to be about, "now with well insulateed lofts we are starting to get more and more exotic spiders living there"  :D

tyrone girl

>:( It isnt funny actually its putting my head astray

hectorsheroes

Ring a good pest control company. I had the exact same happen to me about 6 weeks ago - didn't sleep for a week - sounded like a herd of elephants in the ceiling. Yer man came and spotted any holes in the building outside - they were getting in via the oil pipes - got in near the boiler which is in the garage and followed the pipes into the roofspace. Yer man laid some bait and identified where they were within a week. I have since sealed all the holes and not a sound since!

The bait etc kills the mice eventually and any babies but don't be afraid that they'll die and leave a smell - the stuff he used mummifies the body and it crumbles away. It cost me £85 all in for 3 visits and its a great investment. The other stuff - electronic etc is bollocks. The poison such as storm is lethal but the dead rats are lifted by wildlife and poison them too - birds etc so if I was you I'd get my yellow pages and get pest control in

tyrone girl

But this sound isnt in the ceilings or in the wall its actually in the bedroom. I cannot understand how a trap hasnt caught whatever it is. Surely if there were mice they would go for the trap?

Just phoned home there to get them to take my room apart when my mother informs me there was never any mouse caught last week that they just told me that so id go back into the room to sleep  >:( >:( >:(

Bingo

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 12:58:24 PM
But this sound isnt in the ceilings or in the wall its actually in the bedroom. I cannot understand how a trap hasnt caught whatever it is. Surely if there were mice they would go for the trap?

Just phoned home there to get them to take my room apart when my mother informs me there was never any mouse caught last week that they just told me that so id go back into the room to sleep  >:( >:( >:(

It gets better  ;D  ;D  ;D

AZOffaly

Where did you have the trap? Make sure you put it along the wall, because generally speaking they don't like to cross floors, and do that quickly, Along the skirting board is where they walk.

I hate killing any animals, except rats, and I wouldn't poison anything other than a rat. In fact I'm so soft with mice that 2 years ago, when we had a few in the house, I actually bought the humane mouse traps. They don't kill the mouse at all, but lock him in and you can dispose of him.

I used put them in the front seat of the car and drive them up to the graveyard to let them out. I'm nearly sure two of them winked at me when I let them out :D I suppose they probably beat me back to the house :D

tyrone girl

Quote from: Bingo on December 01, 2011, 01:01:01 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 12:58:24 PM

It gets better  ;D  ;D  ;D

Whats better about that? The only thing its making me is more confused as i now dont even know for sure that there is any mouse. At least when i thought there had been one caught i knew i wasnt imagining a noise. They had no call to tell me there was one caught when there wasnt

tyrone girl

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 01, 2011, 01:02:17 PM
Where did you have the trap? Make sure you put it along the wall, because generally speaking they don't like to cross floors, and do that quickly, Along the skirting board is where they walk.

I hate killing any animals, except rats, and I wouldn't poison anything other than a rat. In fact I'm so soft with mice that 2 years ago, when we had a few in the house, I actually bought the humane mouse traps. They don't kill the mouse at all, but lock him in and you can dispose of him.

I used put them in the front seat of the car and drive them up to the graveyard to let them out. I'm nearly sure two of them winked at me when I let them out :D I suppose they probably beat me back to the house :D

Put the trap in few diff places - one time under the bed, other time in built in wardrobe and other time along the skirting board just under the window

Is that not the whole point of traps though that they go for the bait on them?  I hate cats too they are dirty creatures and my mother would have a fit if i landed home with one of them to have in round the house

AZOffaly

What bait did you use?