Sammy Wilson's Speech...Funny or Just plain racist and insulting?

Started by Applesisapples, November 28, 2011, 04:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

I have to say I was amused by the wit of Sammy Wilson's comedy routine to the DUP conference. It was funny however I am not sure it was appropriate for the Finance Minister to be behaving like Paddy Kielty or to be expressing those remarks publicly. The DUP seem to be in need of counselling for schizophrenia given the contradictions at between the differing big hitters.

michaelg

The guy is a total c**k - Mind you so is that wee p***k McElduff from SF

Minder

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 28, 2011, 04:51:17 PM
I have to say I was amused by the wit of Sammy Wilson's comedy routine to the DUP conference. It was funny however I am not sure it was appropriate for the Finance Minister to be behaving like Paddy Kielty or to be expressing those remarks publicly. The DUP seem to be in need of counselling for schizophrenia given the contradictions at between the differing big hitters.

Are you taken in by the Punts touchy feely let's hug a Taig routine? I think he showed his true colours on the prison service emblems issue.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maguire01

We hardly need two threads on this:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=20701.0

But racist? What race?

Although I can agree with you on the 'behaving like Paddy Kielty' point. Neither of them are remotely funny.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Minder on November 28, 2011, 08:45:14 PM

Are you taken in by the Punts touchy feely let's hug a Taig routine? I think he showed his true colours on the prison service emblems issue.
No actually i think what he's at is quite sinister, lets indoctrinate the taigs at state schools.

thejuice

Thought John McAllister's speech to Sinn Fein in Newry was more worthy of mentions than this other jokey stuff.  Unless of course you are looking to be offended by it.

But John stated Unionisms case fairly clear to Sinn Fein and left them in no doubt about where work needs doing and there's a lot of it to do.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

He's nothing, but a fool.

"The babies were in cages, wrapped in blankets. They wouldn't eat their dinner either – and you want to see what they did with the nappies.
Can you imagine, Ah wee Seamus' dad would've been proud of him, 15 months, he's mastered a dirty protest already."

None of the local news commented on it, just about his sun glasses and Martin McGuinness' election defeat in the south. However Carál Ní Chuilín's tweet was over all the place!!!
Testing Accessibility

dec

Quote from: ziggysego on November 29, 2011, 12:49:03 AM
He's nothing, but a fool.

"The babies were in cages, wrapped in blankets. They wouldn't eat their dinner either – and you want to see what they did with the nappies.
Can you imagine, Ah wee Seamus' dad would've been proud of him, 15 months, he's mastered a dirty protest already."

None of the local news commented on it, just about his sun glasses and Martin McGuinness' election defeat in the south. However Carál Ní Chuilín's tweet was over all the place!!!

Well the Shinners kind of opened the door to that kind of joke by putting up signs at their ard fheis referring to a (Long) Creche. 

ziggysego

Long Crèche is one thing. I laughed when I heard it, not even knowing SF did it. The rest was uncalled for and is in keeping with the new vision Robinson has for winning voters from all sections of the community.
Testing Accessibility

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 28, 2011, 11:09:57 PM

No actually i think what he's at is quite sinister, lets indoctrinate the taigs at state schools.
Very sinister indeed. Only taigs should be allowed to indoctrinate taigs, otherwise there's the risk they could be brainwashed with all the wrong stuff.  :o

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Myles Na G. on November 29, 2011, 07:08:11 AM

Very sinister indeed. Only taigs should be allowed to indoctrinate taigs, otherwise there's the risk they could be brainwashed with all the wrong stuff.  :o

How about you comment on the matter at hand here, ie the quote about babies on a dirty protest, instead of comparing  to the other side

Applesisapples

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 29, 2011, 07:59:13 AM

How about you comment on the matter at hand here, ie the quote about babies on a dirty protest, instead of comparing  to the other side
Actually I answered a question that was directed at me so I suggest you take some of your own advice. As for Sammy his routine was funny as I stated but not appropriate in the forum he was in and some what at odds with Robinson's speech. So it is also relevent.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 29, 2011, 09:09:02 AM

Actually I answered a question that was directed at me so I suggest you take some of your own advice. As for Sammy his routine was funny as I stated but not appropriate in the forum he was in and some what at odds with Robinson's speech. So it is also relevent.
He was referring to the post by Myles Na G.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 29, 2011, 09:19:44 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 29, 2011, 09:09:02 AM

He was referring to the post by Myles Na G.
Sorry misunderstanding.