Vtec Innotab or LeapFrog LeapPad?

Started by nrico2006, November 28, 2011, 02:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Leap Pad is in stock in Early Learning Centre website.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Downloaded a few apps the other day.  Why is their an app centre as well as cartridges?  Are the cartridges for games that are too sophisticated or are the cartridges simply for the console before the tablet?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bingo

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 03, 2012, 04:23:29 PM
Downloaded a few apps the other day.  Why is their an app centre as well as cartridges?  Are the cartridges for games that are too sophisticated or are the cartridges simply for the console before the tablet?

No idea, I thought it was that you could get one or the other with more Apps available online than cartridges.

Must say my wee lad loves his and has had great entertainment from it, will get him a few more games/apps down the line.

nrico2006

Quote from: Bingo on January 03, 2012, 04:26:19 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 03, 2012, 04:23:29 PM

No idea, I thought it was that you could get one or the other with more Apps available online than cartridges.

Must say my wee lad loves his and has had great entertainment from it, will get him a few more games/apps down the line.

Same here, she thinks its class.  She will get a lot of use out of it over the next few years.  Thanks to Santas little helper in Monaghan.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

What age are your wee ones - my wee one is 4 in June and might get it for her birthday..
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

Dinny my little one just turned 4 in december and it's already a great buy for her. Would recommend it for sure.

Bingo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 03, 2012, 04:43:57 PM
What age are your wee ones - my wee one is 4 in June and might get it for her birthday..

My wee lad was 4 in November. He hardly looked at it xmas morning but that evening when the dust had settled he disappeared into a corner for a hour or so with it and had a good play with it and knows his way round it now. Some great tools and stuff on it.

HiMucker

My wee girl just turned 3 and we just packed it back in its box to re issue again for her birthday.  She gave more attention to the other toys on christmas so maybe she is a bit young for it

Dinny Breen

Perfect I'll get it for her birthday, cheers.
#newbridgeornowhere

Minder

Aye they are a great job (Leap Pad Explorer), my wee girl is 5. Leap Pad Explorer is hard on the batteries though, as i believe the Innotab is too. If you have an old AC Adapter kicking about the house it will also charge it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

These machines are poison. Let them go and watch TV in their bedrooms.

gerrykeegan

My 10 year old nephew ended up in A&E three times, with pains in his limbs, turns out he was cramping up with the intensity of playing one of those war games on ps needless to say he is restricted to the amount of time on the playstation now.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

nrico2006

Anyone recommedn any really good apps or games their wains are playing on this?  Hard to find any kind of rated list of the best ones available.