Greatest "line" in football

Started by southdown, November 25, 2011, 01:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Was talking to a friend about the Meath Full Forward line of the early 90s (91 I think) of O'Rourke, Stafford and Flynn.  We agreed it was one of the great lines in GAA.

Any other great contenders?

thejuice

Quote from: southdown on November 25, 2011, 01:22:33 PM
Was talking to a friend about the Meath Full Forward line of the early 90s (91 I think) of O'Rourke, Stafford and Flynn.  We agreed it was one of the great(est) line in GAA.

Thought some of your grammar needed a bit of correcting there.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

brokencrossbar1

"Get thon useless fat f**ker off before we're bate!!!"

southsidejohnny

Osborn, King and Megran. Or Crosby, Stills and Nash. Or Crosby, Stills and Young. No...its Emerson, Lake and Palmer but as sure as hell it aint that duo from Meath along with Leitrims O Rourke.

southsidejohnny

Or "The longer ye stay in the dressing room...the longer ye stay in the championship!"

screenexile

McGurk, Downey, Coleman

Tohill & McGilligan

2 great lines!!

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

theticklemister

Quote from: southsidejohnny on November 25, 2011, 01:30:02 PM
Or "The longer ye stay in the dressing room...the longer ye stay in the championship!"
Quote from: southsidejohnny on November 25, 2011, 01:30:02 PM

Ha ha craicer wan!!!

theticklemister

In regarding to everyone playing soccer in Derry City and only a small number of clubs playing GAA, a county coach shouting to his team of players at  an underage games a few years back

"Them boys don't play FUTBALL, them boys play SOCCER!"

Hardy

Feck that. I saw the thread title and came in to nominate O'Rourke, Stafford, Flynn. It'll have to be Murphy, Geraghty, A.N. Other then.

Moortown Spuds

Infairness any line that contained Canavan was a pretty amazing line.

Front Lawn-God-Black Ice McBride

All shite except The Chosen One but he made up fo them.

thejuice

Hardy was it not something like:

Murphy - Geraghty - Mark O'Reilly(or someone else who clearly wasn't going to stay there)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

More or less, Juice. It was Evan Kelly in AIF 99, but Evan was scoring his points from outside the 45 and stopping goals at the other end.

AZOffaly

Bensars

Quote from: southdown on November 25, 2011, 01:22:33 PM
Was talking to a friend about the Meath Full Forward line of the early 90s (91 I think) of O'Rourke, Stafford and Flynn.  We agreed it was one of the great lines in GAA.

Yer Ole balls Southdown !   Flynn dancing around like flatley, O rourke tucking the defenders arm in and looking for a foul.

The kerry full forward line was much more potent.  John Egan, Bomber, Sheehy.