Greatest "line" in football

Started by southdown, November 25, 2011, 01:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefaircounty

In Armagh 02 everyone looks at the ful lforward line, but I think the hb line were exceptional that year. Obviously McGeeney and O'Rourke were recognised with Allstar awards, but McCann was as good as both that year, I felt.

HiMucker

I remember hearing Geraghty had a trial with an Aussie rules side, and at the training session he skinned every aboriginal player on the other team and scored a sensational over, and the coach started shouting at him "the cones Graeme,go round the cones you idiot"

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

An Gaeilgoir

Older than most on here, but i would go with Purcell, Stockwell and Commins. Unreal. its a pity they were born in Tuam and not Castlebar!

Bingo

Gene Sherry, Gerry McCarville and Fergus Caulfield - Monaghans (all from Scotstown as well) Full back line in mid-late 80's.

Tough, tough men - not sure they'd like playing the nippy forwards now. But for certain the nippy forwards wouldn't like it either  :D

lenny

Johnny McGurk, Henry Downey and Gary Coleman. Great half back line for Derry in 1993. Great defenders and also fantastic at counter attacking.

southdown

HiMucker

Dont know if it has been said, but Tommy walsh, cooper and donaghy was some full forward line.

armaghniac

McDonnell, Clarke and Clark would be a great front line for Armagh. Pity it hasn't happened.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Club Rossa

O'Neill,McCartan and Doherty would take a bit of beating.

blanketattack

Sheehy, Liston, Power
23 All-Ireland medals
</topicClosed>

Other decent Kerry ones since:
Moynihan, O'Flaherty, Breen
Cooper, Donaghy, Russell
O Sé, McCarthy, O'Sullivan
O Sé, Moynihan, O'Sullivan

BennyHarp

Quote from: Thastheball on November 30, 2011, 12:52:23 PM
Best I have seen in my time was Egan, Liston and Sheehy