Lyoness Loyality Cards

Started by Radda bout yeee, November 23, 2011, 10:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

I have a rep trying to flog this loyalty card to me. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of this and could offer advice?

My first impression is its a pyramid scheme??? Maybe I'm just being sceptical!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 23, 2011, 10:10:29 AM
I have a rep trying to flog this loyalty card to me. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of this and could offer advice?

I have a guy pushing me to get involved in it, I haven't hada look at it but it is a netwrok marketing system (often mistaken for pyramid schemes).  It is legitmate but I don't know much about the system itself so not in a position to recommend it.  Is it being done through the club by any chance?

Olly

I don't know if this is related but I got an email this morning from 'Mohammed Ali' offering of loans to interested individuals and companies who are seeking financial assistance and business growth or business expansion fund.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 23, 2011, 10:16:36 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 23, 2011, 10:10:29 AM

I have a guy pushing me to get involved in it, I haven't hada look at it but it is a netwrok marketing system (often mistaken for pyramid schemes).  It is legitmate but I don't know much about the system itself so not in a position to recommend it.  Is it being done through the club by any chance?

No its for a business - it seems to be good to be true and as the saying goes 'if it sounds to good to be true it usually is!'  :-\

Puckoon

BCB, network marketing may not be exactly a pyramid scheme, but it's pyramid scheme selling with a product! Same principles will apply unless you're in there early.
Not only that, but I don't know anyone (and I know a fair few rockets who have gotten involved), who comes out of network marketing with any real success, nor any friends left!

Don't get me started on those amway c***ts.

"trying to flog"
"a guy pushing me to get involved"

These sentences say it all.

brokencrossbar1

Puckoon, I know plenty of success stories in network marketing and also plenty of failures. I think it reflects more on the indivudual rather than the system. Like any business there are good ones and bad ones. Lyoness is different to most in that there is no product, simply a service. I am not personally going to get involved in it as I think that the buy in is prohibitive for the potential gains. I would say though it is a legitimate set up.

Puckoon

Sorry if I called you a rocket. :P

brokencrossbar1

quit yo jibbajabba

Id be wary. Went to one of their pitches, wee bit OTT for my liking; thought the ovresized gentleman was going to pop his clogs while giving the speech; some amount o sweatin goin on lolz;

not sayin it isnt legitimate, the network marketing description sounds valid enough; the very phrase was uttered to me by the guy tryin to recruit me, before quickly correcting himself  :)

Puckoon

Any phrases such as "fanancial freedom" thrown about?

I went to one such meeting in Holywood many years ago - under the guise of accompanying my girlfriend (her parents asked me to go) - turned out the whole thing was for my benefit - to get their hooks into me, and my parents (whom I was instructed not to tell - because I may not word it correctly and they would think it was a pyramid scheme)

Big spiel in this guys living room with his massive tv (before flat screens), and great view etc. I could find financial freedom in their products and company - if I was prepared to work hard (recruit, harrass, and con, in my opinion).

Came home and the folks asked me where I'd been and I said I'd been at a business meeting (I was 18), and this raised a few eyebrows. I had of course swallowed a fair portion of the hook - and when I mentioned financial freedom - the auld fella lept out of the bed. He says - "did they mention amway"? I says - "thats exactly who the company was yeah".

I've never seen a temper rise in him til this day - "those sneaky c***ts he says (talking about the girlfriends parents), next they'll have you reading self help books and listening to cassettes while you sleep".
I hadn't the courage to tell him that the books and the cassettes were already in my bedroom since I'd come home. He got right on the phone and tore absolute strips of the parents. So ingrained they were that they still spent another 6 months trying to recruit me - despite him telling them in no uncertain terms not to. Even tried to take me on a team building weekend to Scotland.

Last I heard they had given it all up, after a few years of serious energy. He's still having to get up at 6am to milk the cows - but in fairness he does have a Subaru Impreza now. At 50.