Fitzpatrick retires from Kilkenny hurling

Started by Tony Baloney, November 21, 2011, 08:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

trileacman

QuoteFitzpatrick captained the All-Ireland winning Kilkenny team in 2008 and retires as the holder of five All-Ireland medals, three National League titles, three All-Stars and a Young Hurler of the Year Award.

Bit unfair after claiming all that to have to take a parting shot at your team-mates/managers. All the fantastic hurlers who walked away with nought to their name as quiet as church mice. Very petulant ****.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

the colonel

big shock, its not that Cody could ever be blamed for playing favourites.
the difference between success and failure is energy

saffronandblue

Heard his interview this evening and he was anything but petulant.  He basically said that he was not as good as the other lads at going from box to box.  I thought he was extremely honest.

Cha for Dublin now?????????

orangeman

Big shock here.

Can't help but think that there has been a falling out of sorts.

trileacman

Quote from: saffronandblue on November 21, 2011, 10:48:15 PM
Heard his interview this evening and he was anything but petulant.  He basically said that he was not as good as the other lads at going from box to box.  I thought he was extremely honest.

I didn't hear it, I could be wrong and I apologise if I am. The quote on rte looked like it was a dig but perhaps it was used out of context.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trileacman on November 22, 2011, 02:06:25 AM

I didn't hear it, I could be wrong and I apologise if I am. The quote on rte looked like it was a dig but perhaps it was used out of context.
I wasn't sure of the context either of the "wasn't personally rewarded" quote. Maybe he just means it wasn't a personally rewarding time for him.

Canalman

Inevitable that talk will turn to this. Personally would be disappointed  if he threw in his lot with us. Would set hurling back years  here in the city imho. The O'Dwyer "transfer" still rankles with me. Can't see him leaving Ballyhale anyway.

As for Cha "retiring" I think that his comments have been hugely taken out of context and that he was graceful in his thoughts.
Emergence of Fennelly in essence meant it would be very hard for him to get back on team.

heffo

Quote from: Canalman on November 22, 2011, 10:43:01 AM

Inevitable that talk will turn to this. Personally would be disappointed  if he threw in his lot with us. Would set hurling back years  here in the city imho. The O'Dwyer "transfer" still rankles with me. Can't see him leaving Ballyhale anyway.

As for Cha "retiring" I think that his comments have been hugely taken out of context and that he was graceful in his thoughts.
Emergence of Fennelly in essence meant it would be very hard for him to get back on team.

I wouldn't like to see him playing for us. Would be a great addition, but would prefer to go with what we have.

AZOffaly

I agree heffo. Tipp lads and Kilkenny lads wouldn't get on :D

Bord na Mona man

He lost a bit of form in the last while. He had the mumps at one stage and that might be part of it.
At his peak he was excellent, though he probably wasn't Cody's type of power midfielder.
26 is very young to be retiring.

orangeman

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 22, 2011, 11:09:52 AM
He lost a bit of form in the last while. He had the mumps at one stage and that might be part of it.
At his peak he was excellent, though he probably wasn't Cody's type of power midfielder.
26 is very young to be retiring.

26 is very young - is it the case that he was either a midfielder or nothing ? Could he not have beenv tried at wing half forward - the half back line wouldn't be easy to get onto.

heffo

sammymaguire

Captained the team to an All Ireland at 23!!!! and he is throwing the head up now for what reason exactly? 
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!