Bruce Springsteen and e street band touring in 2012

Started by the Deel Rover, November 21, 2011, 07:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 23, 2012, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on June 23, 2012, 03:36:22 PM
He is on Sky Arts 1 live from The Isle of Wight tomorrow night.  Pearl Jam tonight.
Can't wait!

I'm guessing you're not his biggest fan. The ticket prices are high, but considering the length and quality of the show they're worth it .
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

maddog

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 11, 2012, 10:10:39 AM
He is on Sky Arts 1 live from The Isle of Wight tomorrow night.  Pearl Jam tonight.
Can't wait!

I'm guessing you're not his biggest fan. The ticket prices are high, but considering the length and quality of the show they're worth it .

I think the like of Muse are charging this and you can be sure they wont be playing for 3 1/2 hrs. I thought it was value for money anyway, although still unsure about worth the 7/8hrs spent in the feckin car

belleaqua

Was at the show in Paris last week and if had not already got tickets for Dublin I'd happily shed over a 100 euros to see him again and suffer the consequences after! They are pricey but the quality and length will make it worth every penny.

I was lost for words after Paris-best gig I have ever been too. I prefer indoor shows anyway but this was great from start to finish. Im reducing my expectations for the Dublin show after it because I was wondering how he can hit these heights again but with this guy you never know!

As many commented after it's a great artist that can make a pumped up crowd go crazy for 3 hours continuously but it's a very special one that can keep them quiet as mice for long periods too like during the piano versions of Independence Day and For You. 

ziggy90

Quote from: belleaqua on July 11, 2012, 11:13:36 AM
Was at the show in Paris last week and if had not already got tickets for Dublin I'd happily shed over a 100 euros to see him again and suffer the consequences after! They are pricey but the quality and length will make it worth every penny.

I was lost for words after Paris-best gig I have ever been too. I prefer indoor shows anyway but this was great from start to finish. Im reducing my expectations for the Dublin show after it because I was wondering how he can hit these heights again but with this guy you never know!

As many commented after it's a great artist that can make a pumped up crowd go crazy for 3 hours continuously but it's a very special one that can keep them quiet as mice for long periods too like during the piano versions of Independence Day and For You.
[/quote

Don't, I've spoken to quite a few fans who've come from the States over the years, and to a man they reckon that his best European gigs are played in Ireland. Apparently he feels a real "affinity" with Irish people.

belleaqua

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 11, 2012, 12:04:13 PM

[/quote

Don't, I've spoken to quite a few fans who've come from the States over the years, and to a man they reckon that his best European gigs are played in Ireland. Apparently he feels a real "affinity" with Irish people.

Ya I meant it more in the sense that I enjoy arena shows alot more. Crowd even in the stands never Sit down and the noise is constant. I know the band will bring it and the last night of the RDS ranks as one of my top 3 shows but other times if you get stuck beside a lethargic group it can be frustrating. Il make sure that won't happen this time!

seafoid

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 11, 2012, 12:04:13 PM

I heard someone observing  that there are a lot of Irish rhythms in his music.

Declan

Quotebut it's a very special one that can keep them quiet as mice for long periods too like during the piano versions of Independence Day and For You.

Yep they sounded great on Youtube alright

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 11, 2012, 10:10:39 AM
Can't wait!

I do like a bit of Springsteen actually - I've been to see him once in the RDS and have a good few of his albums. But for someone who supposedly represents the 'blue-collar man'... well it's not really consistent with his ticket prices, regardless of how long his shows are. €100 for a ticket in the current economic climate is taking the piss.

ziggy90

Fair play, you're entitled to your opinion. All I'll say is if you went to see this show I wonder if you would change your mind? Do you know if the musicians/singers with the ESB are paid a wage or do they take a cut of the gate? If they are paid a wage I'd say the sheer amount and quality of them would go a long way towards explaining the high ticket prices.

belleaqua

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 11, 2012, 06:18:15 PM
Fair play, you're entitled to your opinion. All I'll say is if you went to see this show I wonder if you would change your mind? Do you know if the musicians/singers with the ESB are paid a wage or do they take a cut of the gate? If they are paid a wage I'd say the sheer amount and quality of them would go a long way towards explaining the high ticket prices.

My understanding is that Bruce works on a fee - let's hypothetically say it's 1.5 million. That fee remains the same for any concert he plays. So he will get the same for playing to 45,000 in the RDS as he will for 80,000 at Hyde Park. That fee handsomely pays himself, the hand, road crew, etc.

My tickets for Paris were 65.00. Most other tickets for European dates were similar. So I think you need to be looking at the promoters here. It is not as if Bruce has hiked up his prices just for Ireland.

Maguire01

Fair play, you're entitled to your opinion. All I'll say is if you went to see this show I wonder if you would change your mind?
I doubt it. I was at one of his RDS gigs a few years ago - good gig, I enjoyed it. Doesn't mean it isn't overpriced.

Maguire01

Quote from: belleaqua on July 11, 2012, 06:25:33 PM

My understanding is that Bruce works on a fee - let's hypothetically say it's 1.5 million. That fee remains the same for any concert he plays. So he will get the same for playing to 45,000 in the RDS as he will for 80,000 at Hyde Park. That fee handsomely pays himself, the hand, road crew, etc.

My tickets for Paris were 65.00. Most other tickets for European dates were similar. So I think you need to be looking at the promoters here. It is not as if Bruce has hiked up his prices just for Ireland.
The cost of a gig is generally higher in Ireland because it's an island, therefore disproportionate shipping costs for a couple of shows, in comparison to GB or mainland Europe. I don't know the details of an artist's fee, but I'd imagine it varies due to such factors, and whether it's a stand-alone show or a festival slot etc.

I do know that the artist's fee is generally guaranteed (and when I say the artist, I mean the whole band). The promoter generally takes the risk if tickets don't sell (hence their interest in promoting it).

ziggy90

That makes sense, never thought of the logistical problems. Bruce & ESB are playing Hyde park festival on Saturday, the tickets are £60 for the whole day.
Another big favourite of mine John Fogarty is on the same stage just before Springsteen, what's the odds they play a couple of tunes together?

Declan

QuoteAnother big favourite of mine John Fogarty is on the same stage just before Springsteen, what's the odds they play a couple of tunes together?

guaranteed I'd say

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 11, 2012, 09:55:55 PM
Quote from: belleaqua on July 11, 2012, 06:25:33 PM

The cost of a gig is generally higher in Ireland because it's an island, therefore disproportionate shipping costs for a couple of shows, in comparison to GB or mainland Europe. I don't know the details of an artist's fee, but I'd imagine it varies due to such factors, and whether it's a stand-alone show or a festival slot etc.

I do know that the artist's fee is generally guaranteed (and when I say the artist, I mean the whole band). The promoter generally takes the risk if tickets don't sell (hence their interest in promoting it).

I don't buy that.

I've seen time out of number where there's a one off show in England where the tickets are a lot cheaper than Dublin where the artisit is playing 2/3 nights in a row. I've seen a show in Sween where prices are cheaper for a one off compared to Dublin where there's 2/3 nights in a row.

You could justify a couple of euro more per ticket, but there's times it's €15-30 more per ticket which in my opinion cannot be justified. It has to be the promoters that are simply profiteering.

How do you explain the difference in ticket prices between the same concert in Belfast compared to Dublin ?. Doesn't make sense.