world cup cricket in croker??

Started by lawnseed 2, March 13, 2007, 11:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearglasmor

Quote from: true ulster gael on March 19, 2007, 01:04:21 PM
nothing like a bandwaggon to get the west brits going
watch all of them trying to play it this summer after becoming overnight experts

Yes you should head down to Balrothery and visit the North County Grounds, or in behind the church in Balbriggan or maybe head out to Milverton near Skerries and introduce yourself to all the west brits, I'm sure theyd all welcome you accordingly.

Billys Boots

They've a (relatively) new academy in Knockbrack now fgm, very impressive indeed.  My youngsters have been playing it in National School for two years now - one of the clubs sends someone every week of the summer term for introductory coaching.  The kids love it, along with their Football, Hurling, Soccer, Rugby and Basketball.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

fearglasmor

Is that out in "the bog" BB.  They have a good community setup out there.
Cricket is a great summer game, played it meself at schoolboy level with The Hills, but the clash with football was too much as I got older so the cricket went.

Funny enough I was eyeing the mall here in Longford last summer thinking it would be a nice cricket pitch if you could get 11 or 12 lads interested.
But they went and built an allweather pitch and took away a lot of ground.

Billys Boots

QuoteIs that out in "the bog" BB.

No fgm, not as far out as 'The Bog', it's only about a 1/4 mile from the Balrothery Inn.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...