Sepp Blatter

Started by Doogie Browser, November 17, 2011, 09:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Great article there. Got me thinking about just how good he was. He was and still is my favourite Liverpool player ever. Growing up as a kid in the the late 80's he was for a time up there with the best in the world, in a Liverpool shirt at any rate. If Downing is worth £20 million god knows how much he would be worth today.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 18, 2011, 05:16:10 PM
Great article there. Got me thinking about just how good he was. He was and still is my favourite Liverpool player ever. Growing up as a kid in the the late 80's he was for a time up there with the best in the world, in a Liverpool shirt at any rate. If Downing is worth £20 million god knows how much he would be worth today.
He was brilliant to watch growing up, it is a shame the way he has been ridiculed in recent years due to his less than impressive TV presenting.

One fault of his though - a god awful dress sense  :D

ziggysego

You wouldn't believe the attitudes and assumptions people make about me, because I'm disabled and short. It does hurt, trust me.
Testing Accessibility

BennyCake

John Barnes: "We are all racist to a certain extent".

My work here is done.

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on November 18, 2011, 08:45:35 PM
John Barnes: "We are all racist to a certain extent".

My work here is done.

If by that you mean that we all have brief, temporary moments of weakness or ill-thought that most of us instantly think through and dismiss as illogical and unjustified, then yes, I guess you're right.

If you mean that we're all really prejudiced bigots underneath who are one slip (or drink) away from unleashing racial tirades or violence, then you're ridiculously wrong.

Barnes states himself that thinking in racial terms is dying out among younger people for christ's sake.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 18, 2011, 05:23:50 PM
He was brilliant to watch growing up, it is a shame the way he has been ridiculed in recent years due to his less than impressive TV presenting.

Blacks tend to be poor dressers.

Jonah

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 18, 2011, 09:22:13 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 18, 2011, 05:23:50 PM

Blacks tend to be poor dressers.
Racist