O'Byrne Cup & Bihatimber 2012

Started by thejuice, November 16, 2011, 05:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: INDIANA on January 23, 2012, 06:35:13 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2012, 12:30:20 PM
Regardless of fitness, poor pitch and poor ref, I thought the Dubs were pretty awful. Our main tactic when we had the ball seemed to be the aimless hoof. Apart from Kev Mac and Paddy Andrews, who instead went the "run into a cul de sac" option, with very little end product. Cullen was our best man I thought.

You'd be poor if you trained for 4 hours on the saturday. Cant have helped.

Having said that I know where you are coming from. But we're at a different stage of fitness compared to Kildare.

Christ of Almighty you'd swear we'd lost something important yesterday the way some are going on.

Not sure half our lads are dried out yet.

Indeed ............................ kinda hoping they put a stop to it now, I think the lads have consumed enough drink, hope gilroy puts a ban on some of them using twitter and facebook  ;)......................... stupid nonsense

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Jinxy on January 23, 2012, 05:52:47 PM
Attention Dublin fans, who is that absolute prize clown that always stands behind the goals with the bodhran? Every time the camera goes onto him he's screaming foul-mouthed abuse at someone. Every game Dublin play he manages to get his big angry head on the telly.

He's irritating alright but in fairness the camera seems to find him every match. Not like that ejiot "Where's Wally" down in Cork who actually seeks out the camera.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on January 23, 2012, 08:30:38 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 23, 2012, 06:35:13 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2012, 12:30:20 PM
Regardless of fitness, poor pitch and poor ref, I thought the Dubs were pretty awful. Our main tactic when we had the ball seemed to be the aimless hoof. Apart from Kev Mac and Paddy Andrews, who instead went the "run into a cul de sac" option, with very little end product. Cullen was our best man I thought.

You'd be poor if you trained for 4 hours on the saturday. Cant have helped.

Having said that I know where you are coming from. But we're at a different stage of fitness compared to Kildare.

Christ of Almighty you'd swear we'd lost something important yesterday the way some are going on.

Not sure half our lads are dried out yet.

Indeed ............................ kinda hoping they put a stop to it now, I think the lads have consumed enough drink, hope gilroy puts a ban on some of them using twitter and facebook  ;)......................... stupid nonsense

Eamonn Fennell for one could do with staying away from twitter and losing a stone of arse meat while he's at it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 23, 2012, 05:04:21 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 23, 2012, 04:53:31 PM
why would the ref book himself? Was he that bad?

He was worse! The lad with the whistle behind the Town End goal would have probably done a better job.

That's a bit harsh, thought the ref was good. Look at it this way, he was spot on on O'Flaherty's sending off and got the penalty decision correct. You could argue Brogan's sending off was harsh but by the letter of the law it was the right call. Missed the Connolly thing but then so did the majority of people until they saw the replay.

Any Ref getting that quota of big decisions right, considering how hard the game is to referee, has had a decent day at the office.

Donnellys Hollow

Cill Dara (v DCU)

1 Shane Connolly (St Laurences)
2 Hugh McGrillen (Celbridge)
3 Ciarán Fitzpatrick (Kilcock)
4 Ollie Lyons (Celbridge)
5 Brian Flanagan (Johnstownbridge)
6 Tommy O'Neill (St Laurences)
7 Mark Scanlon (Round Towers)
8 Johnny Doyle (Allenwood)
9 Pádraig O'Neill (St Laurences)
10 Éamonn Callaghan (Naas)
11 Rob Kelly (Straffan)
12 Morgan O'Flaherty (Carbury)
13 Pádraig Fogarty (St Laurences)
14 Tomás O'Connor (Clane)
15 James Kavanagh (Ballymore)
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Heard that Newbridge is waterlogged and the match IS off.

Shamrock Shore

Is the Bihatimber final off as well?

Dinny Breen

"Bord na Mona O'Byrne Cup Final: DCU v Kildare, O'Moore Pk, Portlaoise. Friday 17th Feb @ 7.30pm. TBC. PROVISIONAL FIXTURE"
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 30, 2012, 11:05:56 PM
"Bord na Mona O'Byrne Cup Final: DCU v Kildare, O'Moore Pk, Portlaoise. Friday 17th Feb @ 7.30pm. TBC. PROVISIONAL FIXTURE"

O'Moore Park. We're unbeatable there!

heffo

Diarmuid Connolly thankfully cleared and available for the league.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: heffo on January 31, 2012, 12:02:26 PM
Diarmuid Connolly thankfully cleared and available for the league.

#newbridgeornowhere

squire_in_navy_slacks

Kavanagh was lined up for a ban too

heffo

Connolly and others of a similar temperament will have to learn they'll be 'targetted' as part of a deliberate strategy and not react.

Donnellys Hollow

Cill Dara (v DCU) 17 Feb 2012

1. Robbie Eyres - Clane
2. Shane Bergin - Naas
3. Hugh McGrillen - Celbridge
4. Darren Barker - Kilcullen
5. Kevin Murnaghan - Moorefield
6. Mick Foley - Athy
7. Karl Ennis - Maynooth
8. Conor Feeney - Confey
9. Paddy Dunne - Athy
10. Caoimhín McDonnell - Sarsfields
11. Éamonn Callaghan - Naas
12. Thomas McCann - Confey
13. Alan Smith - Sarsfields
14. Ken Donnelly - Ellistown
15. Dessie Lawlor - St Laurences