Cheeky Dublin County Board are to seek “provincial status”

Started by thejuice, November 15, 2011, 11:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearglasmor

Quote from: thejuice on November 15, 2011, 06:41:47 PM
perhaps these leads to the notion of counties being redundant and replaced with large clubs, based around towns in a nationwide league.

Instant resolution to the club v's county problems. Resolves the fixture list problems at a stroke. Adresses the burnout isue.

Absolutely. Scrap the intercounty structure and allow the biggest clubs around the country develop on a semi professional basis. Wouldn't it be great.

Rossfan

Quote from: fearglasmor on November 16, 2011, 10:46:37 AM
Scrap the intercounty structure and allow the biggest clubs around the country develop on a semi professional basis. Wouldn't it be great.

Might even be as great as the League of Ireland Soccer  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

fearglasmor

Quote from: Rossfan on November 16, 2011, 12:04:08 PM
Quote from: fearglasmor on November 16, 2011, 10:46:37 AM
Scrap the intercounty structure and allow the biggest clubs around the country develop on a semi professional basis. Wouldn't it be great.

Might even be as great as the League of Ireland Soccer  ::)

ya might be gettin a bit ambitious there Ross

Eamonnca1

Quote from: screenexile on November 15, 2011, 02:06:05 PM
It will end up creating a Rangers Celtic or Barca Real situation that exists in Soccer only for the GAA we will only have 1 team capable of winning anything!!

That would be possible in a professional setup where a team with more money can buy the best talent and simply import it and mop up all the best players available worldwide. Doesn't apply in the GAA where you have to make use of whatever talent exists in your catchment area and develop that as best you can.

pearseog

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 16, 2011, 07:17:22 PM
It will end up creating a Rangers Celtic or Barca Real situation that exists in Soccer only for the GAA we will only have 1 team capable of winning anything!!

That would be possible in a professional setup where a team with more money can buy the best talent and simply import it and mop up all the best players available worldwide. Doesn't apply in the GAA where you have to make use of whatever talent exists in your catchment area and develop that as best you can.

like the club teams in dublin do? except their catchment area is the whole of Ireland!!

Eamonnca1

Always wondered why they were able to get away with that myself.

fearglasmor

the parish rule keeps things in check in most counties but can you apply it in Dublin city. ?

heffo

Quote from: fearglasmor on November 16, 2011, 09:19:04 PM
the parish rule keeps things in check in most counties but can you apply it in Dublin city. ?

Of course not.

screenexile

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 16, 2011, 07:17:22 PM

Ah now it's not just a matter of buying the best talent. . . money can help you to create the best talent! If Dublin get even more money than they are currently receiving then they will become almost unstoppable imo.

armaghniac

Quotethe parish rule keeps things in check in most counties but can you apply it in Dublin city. ?

No team from any part of the country should be allowed enter the AI club championship with more than 4 players who played with another club previously.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sheamy

There must be some assholes on the Dublin County Board. I have never heard such self-serving blinkered guff in my life.

The next biggest centres of population are Belfast, Cork and Derry. Where is this clown going with this??

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on November 15, 2011, 04:25:43 PM
I think they've been listening to the fairies.

I'd would say in our defence the views of the DCB dont represent the views of the fans or clubs. Despite what some here think. Thats all I will say on the subject. We have a county board whose mouths are three and a half seconds ahead of their breains.

What I would say is the genuine Gaa fan in Dublin is embarrassed by the recent outbursts.

I like the Strategic Plan though in terms of games development. If the GAA doesn't have a serious presence in Dublin then the association suffers to some degree. We're competing against a lot more sports then other counties and we need money to do it. However it shouldnt be to the detriment of the rest.

But I think its silly to suggest that Dublin would get by with the same budget as say leitrim as some of you are suggesting.

INDIANA

Quote from: armaghniac on November 17, 2011, 06:39:09 PM
Quotethe parish rule keeps things in check in most counties but can you apply it in Dublin city. ?

No team from any part of the country should be allowed enter the AI club championship with more than 4 players who played with another club previously.

Crossmaglen wouldnt last long since they hoover up all the underage players in Armagh.

oakleafgael

Quote from: INDIANA on November 17, 2011, 09:18:56 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 17, 2011, 06:39:09 PM

Crossmaglen wouldnt last long since they hoover up all the underage players in Armagh.

For someone who likes to make attention seeking statements I think thats the best yet. How many of the panel who played last Sunday have transferred from other clubs?