Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

Jinxy, what are all these incidents in tyrone that you keep harping? apart from this one, i can't think of too many, some silly thing at the ladies final earlier this year, i hope wer not including that!

If anything, most people would count tyrone football soft in comparison to most ulster counties (in terms of rough and hard hitting football). They were always known as the county with all the small men. Anyway, their clubs should be focusing on doing something in the ulster club rather than silly league finals in november!

Nally Stand

Quote from: Jinxy on November 22, 2011, 05:29:25 PM
It's probably for the best that ye stick to fighting amongst yourselves.
Doesn't work out too well when you try it on with other counties.

It's probably for the best that ye stick to fighting amongst your own countrymen.
Doesn't work out too well when you try it on with other countries.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Whishtup

Quote from: trileacman on November 22, 2011, 01:36:52 AM
Quote from: Whishtup on November 21, 2011, 11:36:21 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on November 21, 2011, 11:23:34 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on November 21, 2011, 08:54:07 PM
Quote from: rogueryhill on November 21, 2011, 10:01:19 AM
Quote from: Whishtup on November 20, 2011, 11:02:46 PM
           These things have the potential to happen at any game, anywhere in the country.  The only game I was ever at in Kerry was in the league a few years back when Tyrone played Kerry in Austin Stacks.  My better half and I were seated beside a particularly aggressive element where if either of us had opened our mouths at the wrong time, I have no doubt that physical violence would have ensued. (by the way, our car had been keyed during the game-perhaps more to do with the Cork Reg. than anything!)   
           My point is that there is the potential for these things to happen at any sporting event and it does happen.  I seem to remember a Clare club hurling match where the supporters held a player through the wire while the opposing team flailed him with hurleys. 

Whataboutery? What about it?  Maybe if the GAA and pundits concentrated a bit more on whataboutery, they could compile a dossier of incidents, analyse the root causes, look for trends and decide if changes need to be made or intuitive sessions need to be held because it does happen occasionally in all counties.  Imposing massive fines and bans on the clubs concerned will do nothing to stop these things happening.   I'm all for whataboutery!

I see some nonsense in today's Irish Times, comparing the role of the referees in Rugby to that of the GAA ref.  While I enjoy watching rugby,   I for one would hate to see that militant and almost pompous control of GAA games take place.  In many ways our national games are synonymous with our tribal culture, that is what makes them special.  It also makes them potentially dangerous if they are not steered in the right direction by officials, coaches, and stewards, albeit in a way that is relative to the spirit of the games.         

Couldn't have said it better myself Tyrone club football = tribal culture. You can stick your tribal culture if it means referees getting assaulted, supporters getting their ears bitten off and the GAA making news headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Officials and coaches steering in the right direction? - you're having a laugh. A Rasharkin club official was prominent in their shenanigans and McGinn was manager when he was at his "Dromore Kiss" routine.

Whataboutery is for primary schoolyards  ::)

The tribal nature of this country will always exist and should be acknowledged and nourished as an irish facet.      99% of the time it manifests itself in a positive way so if you want to disown that then go ahead.   I know where I'll stand.  Is it possible that we are Tyrone are more tribal than others-possible, as we do come from one of the last two Gaelic Kingdoms of Ireland and have endured recent troubles that other counties will never experience.  Then why does it happen in other counties the length and breadth of Ireland?     

Is it not obvious that that I implied the games should be steered in the right direction by officials and coaches?

What are you talking about?

troubles

You are a bollocks.

Tell me, Trillick boy, what part of my musings above (and that's all they are) led you to launch such an attack on me?  I'd like to know...

tyssam5

Quote from: Jinxy on November 22, 2011, 05:29:25 PM
It's probably for the best that ye stick to fighting amongst yourselves.
Doesn't work out too well when you try it on with other counties.

Outraged at other counties thuggish antics but proud of your own, you're getting closer to honesty here. Keep going.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Jinxy on November 22, 2011, 01:31:23 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on November 22, 2011, 10:19:01 AM
trouble at St Brigids game at the weekend means that there are now 3 counties with bad manners. tisk tisk...

Absolutely no comparison between a few angry supporters roaring at the ref and a man being hurt to the extent that he required surgery to reattach a part of his body.
You don't seem to get this up there.
True, there are incidents of indiscipline all over the country but the sheer level of violence in Tyrone defies belief.

go and catch yourself on - 'the sheer level of violence' - presumably you and Mike f**king sheehy have been working on a league table this last 5 years or so? Bollox. Antrim is thuggish as f**k, as is derry - maybe Tyrone find themselves in the spotlight, but in no way are they offering a level of violence, that 'defies belief'.....f**k sake
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on November 22, 2011, 09:29:16 PM
trouble at St Brigids game at the weekend means that there are now 3 counties with bad manners. tisk tisk...

Absolutely no comparison between a few angry supporters roaring at the ref and a man being hurt to the extent that he required surgery to reattach a part of his body.
True, there are incidents of indiscipline all over the country but the sheer level of violence in Tyrone defies belief.

go and catch yourself on - 'the sheer level of violence' - presumably you and Mike f**king sheehy have been working on a league table this last 5 years or so? Bollox. Antrim is thuggish as f**k, as is derry - maybe Tyrone find themselves in the spotlight, but in no way are they offering a level of violence, that 'defies belief'.....f**k sake

you really are an angry foul mouthed baboon aren't you. It must be the natural brit hooligan in you coming out.

The problem with lads like you and Nally Stand is that you take too many handouts from the British state. You feel guilty about it so you come on here acting the uber-republicans or go to football matches and start hammering the shite out of each other to prove what great Gaels you are.

Stop taking the Queens shilling and being such britboys and maybe, someday, we might acknowledge you as proper Irishmen.

imtommygunn

Explain the incidents making antrim "thuggish as f**k"??!! One incident this year and the odd bit of fighting - what specific examples do you have?? That club in antrim have individuals who have made them a disaster waiting to happen for years.

Rows happens in every county as it's a competitive game. Some dude got his ear bitten off though which is a step above what happens elsewhere. This is worse than what has happened almost anywhere else. Noel Donnelly's headbutt was about as bad as you would see anywhere too and then there was the ladies football thing too.

A lot of places have maniacs and obviously some of these clubs have them as no civilised human being would engage in ear biting. Your county is getting really bad press because of people such as the above and it very clearly needs something serious done about it.

There are people clearly trying to wind you up and it would appear quite an easy task to do. No reason to bring other counties into it.

oakleafgael

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 22, 2011, 10:49:42 PM

Explain the incidents making antrim "thuggish as f**k"??!! One incident this year and the odd bit of fighting - what specific examples do you have?? That club in antrim have individuals who have made them a disaster waiting to happen for years.

Rows happens in every county as it's a competitive game. Some dude got his ear bitten off though which is a step above what happens elsewhere. This is worse than what has happened almost anywhere else. Noel Donnelly's headbutt was about as bad as you would see anywhere too and then there was the ladies football thing too.

A lot of places have maniacs and obviously some of these clubs have them as no civilised human being would engage in ear biting. Your county is getting really bad press because of people such as the above and it very clearly needs something serious done about it.

There are people clearly trying to wind you up and it would appear quite an easy task to do. No reason to bring other counties into it.

Jesus poor aul Noel Donnelly done manys the thing but I think you have him confused with Noel McGinn.

DoYerJob Linesman

I'vr read this thread with interest for a few days now, and never felt the need to comment until Mike Sheehys latest offering.

I know you are on the wind,  but this is beyond the line in the sand.  Please do not diminish someone's "irishness" based on the fact that they have been born and raised in the north of this island.  A life living in the safe cocoon of Kerry,  free from the daily prejudice and downright hatred alot of us "west Brits" have suffered for decades is one to be thankful for.

I dare say that alot of us who take the "queens shillings" have had to work for and preserve our Irishness more than you could ever imagine.

If you have an issue with Tyrone GAA so be it,  but don't presume that us northerners are somehow less Irish than you.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

backofthehand

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 22, 2011, 10:43:49 PM

you really are an angry foul mouthed baboon aren't you. It must be the natural brit hooligan in you coming out.

The problem with lads like you and Nally Stand is that you take too many handouts from the British state. You feel guilty about it so you come on here acting the uber-republicans or go to football matches and start hammering the shite out of each other to prove what great Gaels you are.

Stop taking the Queens shilling and being such britboys and maybe, someday, we might acknowledge you as proper Irishmen.
As opposed to the German's handouts. ;D

Up The Middle

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on November 22, 2011, 11:02:01 PM
I'vr read this thread with interest for a few days now, and never felt the need to comment until Mike Sheehys latest offering.

I know you are on the wind,  but this is beyond the line in the sand.  Please do not diminish someone's "irishness" based on the fact that they have been born and raised in the north of this island.  A life living in the safe cocoon of Kerry,  free from the daily prejudice and downright hatred alot of us "west Brits" have suffered for decades is one to be thankful for.

I dare say that alot of us who take the "queens shillings" have had to work for and preserve our Irishness more than you could ever imagine.

If you have an issue with Tyrone GAA so be it,  but don't presume that us northerners are somehow less Irish than you.

+1
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

armaghniac

QuoteA life living in the safe cocoon of Kerry,

I'd say the aforesaid Mike Sheehy spends a lot of time 5000km away from Kerry in the next parish to the west.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Radda bout yeee

When will the outcome of last nights discipline meeting be known?

Moortown Spuds

Whenever someone looks under the carpet.

Wee Roddy

Yip your right Spuds, they've got away with again ::) :o ???