Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Simply pointing out to Screen that there was more than the one incident in Derry club football this year.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Club Rossa on November 14, 2011, 11:15:24 AM
Simply pointing out to Screen that there was more than the one incident in Derry club football this year.

yip theres been a couple which there is no denying but none that made headline news

Up The Middle

Quote from: rogueryhill on November 14, 2011, 10:34:01 AM
Quote from: Up The Middle on November 14, 2011, 09:06:13 AM
A line springs to mind for me as well " Your a tool"
It's a pity your mind was vacant when it was springing  ;D

My apologies. You are a tool. 8)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

LeoMc

Quote from: Jinxy on November 13, 2011, 11:57:54 PM
Yeah, circle the wagons all you want, but tomorrow the papers will probably have plenty of pictures in glorious technicolour, and it will be grist to the mill for the 'bogball' brigade.
Tyrone GAA people would want to sort this out once and for all.

I will assume this was in response to my mail preceding it. I was not circling the wagons, going into denial, or attempting whataboutery.
I was asking one Derry poster to clarify or back-up serious allegations he was making. If he can provide a witness statement he should be contacting the County board to enable to enable them to deal with this issue appropriately. If he is just repeating rumours he is doing us all a disservice adding to the tabloidesque media frenzy.

If things were as serious as alledged then the TCB should be gathering the information using means at their disposal, video evidence, refrerees report, statements from TCB & CCC members at the game and also from any Gaels prepared to step forward to help erradicate behaviour likely to drag our association through the mud.

Club Rossa

Ardboe have been involved in many's a worse row than yesterday that never made the headlines.
Obviously because it was a final yesterday and with all the attention it brings it was going to make the news and rightly so.

isourboydownyet

infact i will just delete my last reply as i am now getting involved with whataboutary so i think i'l leave youse to it.

rogueryhill

Quote from: Club Rossa on November 14, 2011, 10:51:53 AM
There seems to be alot of bad feeling between the clubs going back a few years now

To be fair, there is a lot of bad feeling between a lot of clubs in Tyrone. It's a bad feeling sort of place.

rogueryhill

Quote from: Up The Middle on November 14, 2011, 11:29:52 AM
Quote from: rogueryhill on November 14, 2011, 10:34:01 AM
Quote from: Up The Middle on November 14, 2011, 09:06:13 AM
A line springs to mind for me as well " Your a tool"
It's a pity your mind was vacant when it was springing  ;D

My apologies. You are a tool. 8)

I am that alright! Tool and proud...  :D

Mont

bad handling to be at that craic yesetrday. not the 1st time either club were involved. the only way cb can do anything is to ban players for an amount of games - not time.

it does happen up and down the country - just it seems to happen in tyrone more at high profile games which is why the national press will be all over it.

louth - meath - armagh - monaghan - down and antrim. have seen major dust ups all the time in these counties but rarely at high profile games

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Club Rossa on November 14, 2011, 11:33:14 AM
Ardboe have been involved in many's a worse row than yesterday that never made the headlines.
Obviously because it was a final yesterday and with all the attention it brings it was going to make the news and rightly so.

You're not painting a good picture Rossa! You mean that list from Hospital Road was just a layer of scum on a deep ditch as it were?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 14, 2011, 10:03:35 AM
Lads don't turn this into a "but what about" argument.  The reality is that there is a problem in the GAA in relation to violence, and I don't mean rough play I mean outright violence.  The Rasharkin incident and now this one in such close proximity heighten the media attention and make it imperative that action is taken, is seen to be taken and is also stood over and not diluted at appeal stage.  If it was my own club I would take the same approach.  I was at an underage game the other day and a grandmother said something which was beyond what should be said at any game never mind a kids game and both her son and myself told her to mind her language, which she did.  The opposition had a few choice supporters as well who were giving the ref abuse and one of the club officials went over to them and asked them to tone it down.  These are small examples but as the staes get higher, this abuse takes on a different format and intensity.  There needs to be zero tolerance shown for any transgressors here and I believe that the only way to punish the guilty parties is via heavy suspensions and banning of teams.  There needs to be a line drawn and this policy needs to be stuck to and accepted by all clubs and teams.

Good post but you have to laugh at cursing grannys!!!

Jinxy

Whenever I see the name 'Carrickmore' I think to myself "Ah they're the lads that are always fighting".
Think about that for a second.
A club team that are known nationwide, not for their success on the field, but for regularly behaving like thugs.
Now there are probably some people within that club that relish this reputation.
They are morons and they need to be weeded out of the association.
For all I know Dromore could be just as bad but Carrickmore seem to be involved in a lot of dodgy stuff.
Rows on the field is one thing, opposition supporters attacking each other is an absolute disgrace.
Someone said sarcastically earlier "Won't somebody think of the children", well it mightn't be a bad idea as I can only imagine that any kids caught in the middle of the fighting were terrified out of their wits.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

Quote from: Tubberman on November 14, 2011, 09:10:45 AM

Also, O'Neill tries to deflect attention by highlighting instances from other counties. That completely misses the point.
If everyone tries to ignore the problem or say "everyone else is doing it", then the problem will never be resolved, and in all likelyhood will get worse.
It's time supporters, clubs and county boards took some responsibility for themselves ffs.

I'm afraid it is not me who missed the point. I wasn't addressing a point. I was meeting one idiotic poster's ravings with another idiotic comment.

It's extremely easy to see through those who will use this as a bit of an opportunity for gratification.

I'd throw the book at whoever is found guilty, individuals and clubs. Should everyone in the club suffer for the actions of a few maggots? In my book yes (to an extent - leave the underage out of it) because it can stimulate healthy debate on a code of conduct and internal discipline.  The Rasharkin incident set the standard here for initial punishment and I think the protagonists on Sunday will receive a similar fate. Ulster GAA should be lauded if that's the case. I just hope the rest of Ireland's provinces will be as clinical when they've a similar situation to address.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rogueryhill

Quote from: Jinxy on November 14, 2011, 12:19:24 PM
Someone said sarcastically earlier "Won't somebody think of the children", well it mightn't be a bad idea as I can only imagine that any kids caught in the middle of the fighting were terrified out of their wits.
But these would be Tyrone kids - all in a days football. No responsible parent from outside the county would bring kids to a Tyrone club match ffs.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Jinxy on November 14, 2011, 12:19:24 PM
Whenever I see the name 'Carrickmore' I think to myself "Ah they're the lads that are always fighting".
Think about that for a second.
A club team that are known nationwide, not for their success on the field, but for regularly behaving like thugs.
Now there are probably some people within that club that relish this reputation.
They are morons and they need to be weeded out of the association.
For all I know Dromore could be just as bad but Carrickmore seem to be involved in a lot of dodgy stuff.
Rows on the field is one thing, opposition supporters attacking each other is an absolute disgrace.

I know what you mean. When I hear "Meath", I think "inbred thugs".

As for opposition supporters attacking another, can you honestly say that if you were standing at a match with your own clubs supporters and a supporter from the opposing club reached over the wire and hit one of your players across the head with an umbrella, that nobody from your clubs supporters standing there would react? That's not supporting what happened, just pointing out that it takes two to tango lads.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore