Things you never see anymore.

Started by Denn Forever, November 08, 2011, 05:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: maddog on November 11, 2011, 11:53:15 PM

[img]http://bike.blogware.com/old%20helmets%202.JPG[/img[/quote        Maddog I hope that tree in your post isn't what I think it is ;D Can any of the older members tell me the name of the comic "Billy's Boots" was in,I think it was Scorcher or Score but can't really remember. My favourite comic character was "Roger the Dodger".                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

brokencrossbar1

Billys Boots was in Scorcher but my memory of it was in Tiger which then became the Eagle comic with Dan Dare and the evil Mekon!!!!  He also appeared in Roy of the Rovers after that!!!

ziggy90

Were those others before or after Scorcher? If I remember rightly, Tiger came out a long time before scorcher.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 13, 2011, 10:29:57 AM
Were those others before or after Scorcher? If I remember rightly, Tiger came out a long time before scorcher.

I don't know when Scorcher was abouit but I read Tiger back in the early 80's.

ziggy90

I'd say Scorcher came out in the late sixties. :-[

ziggy90

http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1843&bih=858&q=fry+up+breakfast&gbv=2&oq=fry+up&aq=1&aqi=g8g-m2&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=2703l5969l0l8844l6l6l0l0l0l0l219l1110l0.3.3l6l0                                                                                                                                                                   Right, I'm off for one of these. I don't know about the rest of ye but I'm lucky if she gives me one of these every couple of months. (I used to eat one every day).               

Tony Baloney

Yis ever heard of google?

Billy's Boots was a popular British comic strip by writer Fred Baker and artist John Gillatt, later continued by Mike Western. There was an earlier, humour series called Billy's Boots, written and drawn by Frank Purcell, which appeared in Tiger between 1961 and 1963, with a similar premise to this later series. The later more serous Billy appeared in the first issue of Scorcher in 1970, and later moved to Tiger when the two comics merged in 1974. In 1985 Tiger in turn merged with Eagle and the strip moved again, however just a year later Billy's adventures relocated once more, this time to Roy of the Rovers. New adventures were included in the weekly comic until May 1990 (later followed by reprints), before he switched to Best of Roy of the Rovers Monthly.

Hardy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 13, 2011, 09:49:48 AMMy 6 year old girl loves playing with dollies and ponies and dressing up.

Great to see her taking after her daddy.

lawnseed

Quote from: ballela-angel on November 13, 2011, 12:42:48 AM
The overhead numbered cement buckets just north of Droheda on the old Dublin to Belfast road - As kids we'd guess the number on the bucket over or closest to the road and whoever got closet to the actual numbered bucket when we got there won
i'd forgotten all about these, ah the good old days and holidays in clogherhead gettin ripped off by our southern brothers...
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on November 13, 2011, 12:45:01 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 13, 2011, 09:49:48 AMMy 6 year old girl loves playing with dollies and ponies and dressing up.

Great to see her taking after her daddy.

:D :D :D
MWWSI 2017

maggie

Olly

Cows and bulls mating in the fields. I used to be enthralled by this. Last week on day I stood for 4-5 hours at a field with a bull and cows in it and nothing happened. The apathy was astonishing. I wonder has the modern lifestyle caused this with automatic milking machines and no use for the yokes oxen used to pull. There's no frustration any more which is the only reason for sexual engagement in any species
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

fitzroyalty

Quote from: maggie on November 15, 2011, 12:23:04 PM
Toffypops.

I loved those biccies.
You're not looking hard enough! Great for dipping in tae.

Tyrones own

Quote from: maggie on November 15, 2011, 12:23:04 PM
Toffypops.

I loved those biccies.
;D...its tarra the words you forget when your not around
it much anymore
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann