Things you never see anymore.

Started by Denn Forever, November 08, 2011, 05:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 11, 2011, 09:56:41 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on November 11, 2011, 09:47:42 PM
Quote from: ross4life on November 09, 2011, 05:27:34 PM
TV shows,Bullseye,Blockbuster,Where in the world,Frank McLintock,Rodney Marsh on Skysports,farmers milking cows by hand & driving old run down tractors, framed photos of Pope John Paul.
this is making a come back next year.
football chums
Beechnut chewing gum
Bullseye is never off those Sky channels. Is Bob Holness RIP?

No.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardal

Bring on your late late late teens..........

Tony Baloney

Read all those myself TYP. Remember one of the lads in primary school got a letter published in The Victor. tr**p!

Celt_Man

Quote from: supersub on November 11, 2011, 03:21:31 PM
11:11 on the 11th November 2011  :(

You;ll it again in 7 minutes if ya switch to a 12 hour clock
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

maggie

Square Ball

Roy of The Rovers, remember the first issue when I was a first year, you got a free rosette with it. there was another comic i read now and them Action Comic featuring Hook Jaw, very bloody indeed
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hardy

Quote from: Take Your Points on November 11, 2011, 10:36:06 PM
Then I got interested in war comics..........

I can even remember that issue with the little balsa wood glider!  Sad.
Yikes - me too!

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Iceman

I have a bag of clove rock in the fridge!!! Wee shop in Armagh has them and all the old sweets. I stock up every time I'm home. Mix the clove rock into Poitin every time I get a bottle, great job.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

boojangles

Kids playing football using jumpers for goals.

Darby footballs.

Daft Punk live.

The Undercut haircut.

Tip Ten.

Hide and Seek.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: boojangles on November 13, 2011, 12:27:09 AM
Kids playing football using jumpers for goals.

Darby footballs.

Daft Punk live.

The Undercut haircut.

Tip Ten.

Hide and Seek.
Do childer play old school games anymore or is it all Wii's, tv and trampolines?

ballela-angel

The overhead numbered cement buckets just north of Droheda on the old Dublin to Belfast road - As kids we'd guess the number on the bucket over or closest to the road and whoever got closet to the actual numbered bucket when we got there won
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Windmill abu

QuoteThe overhead numbered cement buckets just north of Droheda on the old Dublin to Belfast road - As kids we'd guess the number on the bucket over or closest to the road and whoever got closet to the actual numbered bucket when we got there won

What did you win?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

brokencrossbar1

Tis great to have nostalgia but the way some of ye are going on you' d swear the world ended with the advent of Sky!!!!  My kids love the computer and are currently playing on it and the eldest loves his xbox but he still gets on his bike to go down to friends to play football(not sure if they use jumpers for goalposts, I think they just go to the football field and use goalposts for goalposts!). My 4 year old only wants to play with his Thomas trainset and if not playing that he is playing on his scooter or bike outside. My 6 year old girl loves playing with dollies and ponies and dressing up. She also is forever drawing and painting. They all play hide and seek and blind mans buff. Kids will always be kids and that's the way of life.

BTW, Warlord and Victor were my comics of choice.