Things you never see anymore.

Started by Denn Forever, November 08, 2011, 05:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 09, 2011, 03:22:16 PM
Quote from: Bingo on November 09, 2011, 03:00:37 PM
Taking a fiver out of the ATM.

Funnily enough I went to get money out yesterday down the village and noticed a new bank machine. Its one of those generic ones that are becoming common in the north, not associated with any of the banks. Anyway it offered me multiples of £5 up to £20 and then multiples of 10. I asked for £20 and it gave me 4 fivers. Sign of the recession!
Probably charged you a fiver for using it too!

seafoid

Quote from: The Iceman on November 09, 2011, 02:38:11 PM
Kids being kids. I think they turn 12 and are automatically 18.....

Innocence.

Do people stay play board games?
Tree huts and guiders

Tire swings over rivers and home made rafts

All day games of rounders

A street in Armagh without a hairdressers, cafe, charity shop  or European Food Store

We do. Then again we don't vote f*cking Republican.

AQMP

With credit to hardstation

White dog shite

seafoid

Cocks of hay

Paper hats at GAA matches

Furry hats at GAA matches

people who openly support Fianna Fail

The moneeenageisha crossroad 

solvent banks

The Iceman

Quote from: seafoid on November 09, 2011, 04:04:14 PM

Innocence.

Tree huts and guiders

A street in Armagh without a hairdressers, cafe, charity shop  or European Food Store

I play board games too Seafoid, in fact we all played scrabble on Monday night there. No joke.

I also don't vote Republican in America. i don't vote it all. I can't, I'm not a citizen.
I vote SF in Ireland, if that's what you mean.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ross4life

TV shows,Bullseye,Blockbuster,Where in the world,Frank McLintock,Rodney Marsh on Skysports,farmers milking cows by hand & driving old run down tractors, framed photos of Pope John Paul.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

seafoid

Quote from: The Iceman on November 09, 2011, 05:05:54 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 09, 2011, 04:04:14 PM

Innocence.

Tree huts and guiders

I play board games too Seafoid, in fact we all played scrabble on Monday night there. No joke.

I also don't vote Republican in America. i don't vote it all. I can't, I'm not a citizen.
I vote SF in Ireland, if that's what you mean.

Why did you ask if people still play board games, Iceman ? Depends if they have kids or not .
I don't think things have gone to pot yet.

The Iceman

I asked because I didn't know if anyone else did or not. It's not really something you bring up in general conversation.....

If kids still play them these days (my kids are too young). I haven't seen them about anymore
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

BennyCake

the Deel Rover

ffs lads can we at least try and keep politics out of this thread . All iceman asked was do poeple play  boardgames anymore whats the big deal ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Eamonnca1

Quote from: The Iceman on November 09, 2011, 06:45:18 PM
I asked because I didn't know if anyone else did or not. It's not really something you bring up in general conversation.....

If kids still play them these days (my kids are too young). I haven't seen them about anymore

Bookstores (the few that are left) and shops like Target have sections devoted to board games, so they must be popular.

The Iceman

Eamonn I have seen them in the shops - I just remember growing up playing them a lot and don't see them in any house now or hear of anyone playing them.
I remember one called Hero Quest when I was young. Frig we spent hours playing it. I'd imagine GTA has taken over today.

Are there still Fane Valley vans driving about at home? I remember one used to stop on our lane once a week selling food and sweets etc.

Don't see milkmen that much anymore.

In America theres hardly any DVD rental shops, NetFlix has done away with most of them.

Eamonnca1

Cigarette advertising and tobacco sponsorship in sport

seafoid

Squadrons of helicopters at the Galway races.

trileacman

Army choppers. Good riddance to the noisy bastards.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014