Kevin Cassidy is in bother with the boss.

Started by orangeman, November 08, 2011, 11:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Quote from: ONeill on November 14, 2011, 04:56:47 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on November 14, 2011, 04:50:53 PM
Removal of the holiday is incredible but the most disturbing feature is that not a single man on the squad feels able to stand up for a team mate who was prepared to do anything for them.

That crossed my mind yesterday. If Cassidy asked a few (I don't know if he did) to attend the book launch and they didn't because McGuinness said so, then what does it say about Jimmy's influence v Cassidy's friendship with them.

If the Sindo is to be believed not only where the squad told not to attend but that was extended to their families as well.

Mont

the majority of players if not al were texted personally by kc - some texted back - some didnt - to say they wudnt be there.

also heard some of the players who 'couldnt' make it were in nearby pubs that night - dont know how true this is.

mcguinness seems to have a massive influence over the squad - first successful season will do that to lads - wait till the players have played under his system for another year or 2 and won f**k all - doubt if he will command as much respect/fear from the squad.

kc wont be back now anyway and he is coming up smelling of roses

mylestheslasher

Players aren't even willing to talk to their mates about the issue cos they are afraid der fuhrer might find out. You know, I don't remember mcguinness having the same attitude as a player that he expects as a manager. He was a watery sort of player always half hearted. I'm looking forward to the implosion.

donegal_abu

Being excluded from the holiday is a complete & utter joke. The amount of service Kevin has given thsi county & this is how Jim is going to repay him ? Disgraceful that after the year Cassidy has had he wont even get this small reward  :( Although it would probably be a tad awkward being with Jim & rory for a week :D When this story came out first, I thought both men were a bit in the wrong.. but the longer it goes on, the more I veer onto Cassidys side. I think he was naive.. but Jim took things way over the top & thinks he can control every part of these amature sports stars lives. He has taken things to far  :'( And I think its sad that he has so much control over the other boys & they're so scared of him that they feel unable to stand up to them. I think after letting Kevin go, all the others know that no mattter who you are or how important to the team you are, mess with Jim & your gone in a flash

yellowcard

The rest of the Donegal squad have been sent a clear warning. Jim 'big brother' McGuinness is watching you 24/7 and unless you toe the party line you will be dealt with similarly. Once Cassidy was thrown off the panel he was never going to be able to take him on the team holiday in case of potential cause for further division within the panel. However I'm sure the county board will give him holiday vouchers its the least he deserves given the service he has given his county.

There is no doubt that though his style of play has been horrible to watch, Mcguinness has done a very good job with Donegal in terms of results. However he is in danger of becoming THE story and seems determined to lay down the law because he is in a position of strength coming off this season. It will be difficult to recreate the success of 2011 and with the dumping of Cassidy I believe he has made a rod for his own back. Privately I believe there are bound to be some unhappy players within the Donegal panel even though they are gagged and bound from speaking out. 

shawshank

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 14, 2011, 07:01:18 PM
Players aren't even willing to talk to their mates about the issue cos they are afraid der fuhrer might find out. You know, I don't remember mcguinness having the same attitude as a player that he expects as a manager. He was a watery sort of player always half hearted. I'm looking forward to the implosion.

Seriously what has that to do with him being a good manager. He has seen what Donegal have been like over the past 12 yrs, wasting talent because they weren't committed enough. Although I think he has gone over the top, he still is best placed to know what it takes to make these boys tick. In the past the softly softly approach certainly has not worked for them or Donegal, and that's undeniable

cadence

imo there has to be some contrition for breaking confidentiality on cassidy's behalf if he can even be considered to be allowed back into the fold. team privacy is something to be protective of as it allows for a free and fair expression of opinions and trying to find better ways forward. breaking this trust, exposes individuals who felt they had protection under the team. it goes completely against these team ethics when broken. actions and decisions are made in the best interests of the most people in team situations and when you have to consider a group of people. you can't have players only thinking of themselves as it undermines these team ethics and is very divisive when someone who has disregard for the impact of their actions on the rest of the squad and just thinks of themselves, or doesn't think of the impact on the squad. when someone does this, they lose their rights in effect to have the protection of the team. cassidy, and a few more it seems, just doesn't get it.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: shawshank on November 14, 2011, 11:09:42 PM

Seriously what has that to do with him being a good manager. He has seen what Donegal have been like over the past 12 yrs, wasting talent because they weren't committed enough. Although I think he has gone over the top, he still is best placed to know what it takes to make these boys tick. In the past the softly softly approach certainly has not worked for them or Donegal, and that's undeniable

Maybe it hasn't a lot to do with it but its just an observation that the great Jim was once not that great. I also believe your record of donegal past is not in agreement with mine. Yes they had some decent players and some discipline problems but their biggest problem was they played the slowest shitest football going. Taking 20 hand passes to do what one kick could do. The slow pace of their game never suited their forwards and when the more defensive tactics (relative to traditional open football) came along, donegals tactics were easily defeated. The cured this by playing even shiter football but mote effective all wrapped up in psycho babble which tries to brainwash players into believing they are at the forefront of modern tactics and preparation. The problem is that Jim is insecure about someone seeing through this psycho babble and he wants to own the players every minute to stop that happening. It is just not sustainable and it will fall apart next season.

seafoid

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 14, 2011, 11:52:50 PM

Maybe it hasn't a lot to do with it but its just an observation that the great Jim was once not that great. I also believe your record of donegal past is not in agreement with mine. Yes they had some decent players and some discipline problems but their biggest problem was they played the slowest shitest football going. Taking 20 hand passes to do what one kick could do. The slow pace of their game never suited their forwards and when the more defensive tactics (relative to traditional open football) came along, donegals tactics were easily defeated. The cured this by playing even shiter football but mote effective all wrapped up in psycho babble which tries to brainwash players into believing they are at the forefront of modern tactics and preparation. The problem is that Jim is insecure about someone seeing through this psycho babble and he wants to own the players every minute to stop that happening. It is just not sustainable and it will fall apart next season.

Donegal will be beaten by either Cavan or Fermanagh in Ulster and then finished off by Longford in Pearse Park. 

seafoid

That Jim McGuinness management style comes across as either born again Christian or AA

HiMucker

Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2011, 09:54:41 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 14, 2011, 11:52:50 PM

Donegal will be beaten by either Cavan or Fermanagh in Ulster and then finished off by Longford in Pearse Park.
Not a chance will they be beat.  Its just wishful thinking.  Id expect them to be better next year but I think some of the better teams will be more equipped to combat it.  The lesser teams wont have a snowballs chance.  However the fad will eventually pass, just not next year.

blanketattack

Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2011, 02:17:30 PM
Quote from: rrhf on November 14, 2011, 01:49:27 PM
None of my business here but If a man who gave as much service to his county over the years as Cassidy did was thrown out of a holiday he was entitled to and outsiders say for example team trainers etc were being funded by Donegal supporters on the same trip Id be livid.
Yeah but would you want to go on holiday with the Borg?

Well if they get 7 of 9 back, then yes.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on November 15, 2011, 04:42:33 PM
This seems to have been the man who caused all the bother - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPN0jOaWlsE

Watched that last week when this all broke. If I were Dawkins I would be annoyed at Donegal using what he does to develop their 'nasty' streak! He is a man who takes controlled aggression to the next level but he plays within the laws of the game and as far as trash talking well he doesn't even swear so I don't know how Donegal could have used this footage to develop a nasty streak.

He seems to be an inspirational sort of boy, his team mates speak highly of hiim and he seems to be a real leader for his team!!!

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: ONeill on November 15, 2011, 04:42:33 PM
This seems to have been the man who caused all the bother - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPN0jOaWlsE

"You gonna feel it Cooley. I'm tellin' ya. You gonna FEEL IT!!!"

"Some of that sh*t should not come out of a righteous man's mouth so i choose not to use it"

8)