Kevin Cassidy is in bother with the boss.

Started by orangeman, November 08, 2011, 11:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

I see BBC Championship have tweeted that Cassidy has left the Donegal panel following a meeting with team management today.

Mountain Gael

Yes Kevin has been told to leave the panel by a man who drank the head of himself in his younger days while he was supposed to be playing football.
Some leader himself.
Never had nothing inside when he was playing but kevin had plenty
Another right mess handled badly

Muzz

Quote from: Mountain Gael on November 08, 2011, 07:38:54 PM
Yes Kevin has been told to leave the panel by a man who drank the head of himself in his younger days while he was supposed to be playing football.
Some leader himself.
Never had nothing inside when he was playing but kevin had plenty
Another right mess handled badly

As someone was alluding to earlier...

Takes a man to learn from his mistakes not to allow others to follow his mistakes!  He broke the circle of trust!

Orangemac

Just like the mutants in X Men Donegal footballers have struggled to be accepted by wider society because of their strange ways.

Maybe if they had studied Bullseye from the Daredevil movies they might have went a bit further!

While unfortunate for Donegal this is great stuff to liven up the off season. Had saw an extract from Bogue's book on McMenamin at the weekend, looked good and this controversy will do sales no harm.

Difficult 2nd season for Xavier McGuinness has just got a bit harder.

5 Sams

When's the last time a newly crowned All Star got the road from the county panel. Some mess in Tír Chonáill :-\
The Aristocrat Years

donegal_abu

Going to be  ahuge miss for us next year :( Personally think Jim is oout of order with this one.. Kevin Cassidy should be entitled to his opinion & what he said shouldnt affect his place on the pnale. either should his attendance a launch for a book he wrote part off ???

RMDrive

He wasn't kicked off for attending the book signing. He was kicked off for revealing things that the entire panel had agreed theyy wouldn't. Fair enough call by Jim I reckon. If you all sign up to the rules then you need to live by them.

donegal_abu

Quote from: RMDrive on November 08, 2011, 08:42:27 PM
He wasn't kicked off for attending the book signing. He was kicked off for revealing things that the entire panel had agreed theyy wouldn't. Fair enough call by Jim I reckon. If you all sign up to the rules then you need to live by them.

Yea sorry only read that in an article there that it was about tactics... suppose Jim was fair enough, broke the trust. Still think he maybe deserves another chance...

skeog

a load of crap its only  an amateur game jim is away ahead of himself i remember him with declan bonner in a headlock in an hotel in tyrone after a awards night when declan was manager jim will need cass before season is over?

everymanaman

Some publicity for Bogue. He must be laughing nearly as much as when he is jumping up and down in the press box when Tyrone are losing ;)

Rudi

Quote from: skeog on November 08, 2011, 11:43:06 AM
i think jim mc guinness who was one hell of a party animal during his party days and his eternal college career has lost the run of himself by banning the squad from the book launch on sat night after all its an amateur sport in kevins case maybe not jim so get real and lighten up its only a book and maybe the truth hurts and nobody got injured from details in the book

Agreed, McGuinness could do with stop moaning all the time as well. After the Cavan win, rte were disrespecting his team, after the Kildare game, Geezer got it. Loves himself, show a bit of humility - man.

spuds

T'is november, Cassidy will be back with Donegal before he can say cad é mar atá tú
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

orangeman

Quote from: RMDrive on November 08, 2011, 08:42:27 PM

Do you remember the Blue book from a few years ago ??.

Jim's the manager and you have to play by Jim's rules however perverse they seem.

If Jim's got a better half back to take his place, fair play to him.

men in black

Breaking News...........
Kevin Cassidy real reason for being put of the team was because he crossed the line.
The half way line :D