NFL fixtures 2012

Started by ross4life, October 20, 2011, 06:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 21, 2011, 11:19:46 AM
Quote from: meatsy86 on October 21, 2011, 10:39:02 AM
This years fixtures are yet again a joke! for the second year in succession Down have 4 away games and for the second year running have to travel to both Cork and Mayo. I thought the general consensus within the GAA was that if you played four away from home one year you'd have four at home the next!! Somone please correct me if i'm wrong.

You're wrong. Westmeath had four games away from home 3 years in a row so that seems to be the last thing on their agenda. I have no idea how these "draws" are carried out, anyone able to shed some light on it?

They use the hamsters...

Kildare 4 away games for the third time in 4 years but with Derry and Tyrone at home probably a fair balance but away to that hole Navan again, must scheduled a booster injection..
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Can't believe I forgot about the hamsters  :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

SuperHans

cant find the fixtures for div 2 online, were are u kildare and west meath folk getting them from?

Maguire01

Monaghan's NFL Fixtures 2012:

Saturday, February 4: v Meath (Away)
Sunday, February 12: v Kildare (Home)
Sunday, March 3: v Derry (A)
Sunday, March 11: v Louth (H)
Sunday, March 18: v Westmeath (A)
Sunday, March 25: v Galway (H)
Sunday, April 8: v Tyrone (A)

armaghniac

QuoteSaturday, February 4: v Meath (Away)
Sunday, February 12: v Kildare (Home)
Sunday, March 3: v Derry (A)
Sunday, March 11: v Louth (H)
Sunday, March 18: v Westmeath (A)
Sunday, March 25: v Galway (H)
Sunday, April 8: v Tyrone (A)

handy enough travelling for Monaghan fans.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

4 years out of 6 Mayo have more away trips than home games. Our county board must stand up to this. It is afterall in their own benefit to play AS MUCH GAMES AS POSSIBLE in McHale Park to pay off the debt.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SLIGONIAN

Sligo

Antrim, Cavan and Offaly AWAY
Wexford, Tipp, Longford and Ros HOME

Living in Limerick those dont really suit but i'll be at them all. Was hoping tipp, ros, longford away but offaly cavan isnt to bad.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 21, 2011, 04:35:24 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 21, 2011, 11:19:46 AM
Quote from: meatsy86 on October 21, 2011, 10:39:02 AM
This years fixtures are yet again a joke! for the second year in succession Down have 4 away games and for the second year running have to travel to both Cork and Mayo. I thought the general consensus within the GAA was that if you played four away from home one year you'd have four at home the next!! Somone please correct me if i'm wrong.

You're wrong. Westmeath had four games away from home 3 years in a row so that seems to be the last thing on their agenda. I have no idea how these "draws" are carried out, anyone able to shed some light on it?

They use the hamsters...

Kildare 4 away games for the third time in 4 years but with Derry and Tyrone at home probably a fair balance but away to that hole Navan again, must scheduled a booster injection..

Tyrone match is scheduled for a Saturday. Seems a bit odd considering there's no floodlights in Newbridge. They'd hardly drag the Tyrone folk all the way down to Athy?

Sure Navan is a happy hunting ground these days Dinny. Those Meath lads must be sick of the sight of our Range Rovers and horseboxes.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ONeill

Div 2 round 1
Sat 4th feb, Meath v Monaghan, Kildare v Tyrone
Sun 5th Feb Derry v Galway, Louth v Westmeath

Sat 11th Feb. Tyrone v Derry
Sun 12th Feb Westmeath v Meath, Monaghan v Kildare, Galway v Louth

Sat 3rd march Derry v Monaghan , Meath v Kildare
Sun 4th march Westmeath v Galway, Louth v Tyrone

Sat 10th march Tyrone v Westmeath
Sun 11th march Monaghan v Louth, Galway v Meath, Kildare v Derry

Sun march 18th Westmeath v Monaghan, Meath v Derry, Louth v Kildare, Galway v Tyrone

Sat march 24th Derry v Louth, Tyrone v Meath,
Sun match 25th Monaghan v Galway, Kildare v Westmeath

Sun April 8th Westmeath v Derry, Meath v Louth, Tyrone v Monaghan, Galway v Kildare
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: ONeill on October 21, 2011, 09:51:27 PM
Div 2 round 1
Sat 4th feb, Meath v Monaghan, Kildare v Tyrone
Sun 5th Feb Derry v Galway, Louth v Westmeath

Sat 11th Feb. Tyrone v Derry
Sun 12th Feb Westmeath v Meath, Monaghan v Kildare, Galway v Louth

Sat 3rd march Derry v Monaghan , Meath v Kildare
Sun 4th march Westmeath v Galway, Louth v Tyrone

Sat 10th march Tyrone v Westmeath
Sun 11th march Monaghan v Louth, Galway v Meath, Kildare v Derry

Sun march 18th Westmeath v Monaghan, Meath v Derry, Louth v Kildare, Galway v Tyrone

Sat march 24th Derry v Louth, Tyrone v Meath,
Sun match 25th Monaghan v Galway, Kildare v Westmeath

Sun April 8th Westmeath v Derry, Meath v Louth, Tyrone v Monaghan, Galway v Kildare

Jesus i know it's only the league but what a difference in fixtures from Div 1 !!
Only the highlighted fixtures will interest the neutral (maybe)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ONeill

Disagree. Of the first week's fixtures, 3 out of the 4 are intriguing. Kildare v Tyrone  - 2 quarter finalists who had realistic hopes of playing in September. Derry v Galway and Meath v Monaghan are also potential humdingers.

Louth v Tyrone has revenge for 1957 written all over it. Sluddengate. Oliver Plunkett. Gerry Adams.

Weatmeath v Meath - family rows, land ownership, boundaries.

Derry v Monaghan. Dick.

Galway v Meath. 2001.

Meath v Derry. Brolly/O'Rourke. Galway v Tyrone. Kevin McCabe. Revenge for 1956. Padraig Joyce. James Joyce. Ulysses. Odyssey. Westlife.

Derry v Louth. Apprentice Boys. Tyrone v Meath. Bandages. McDermott. Dinky. Dooher. Geraghty.

Meath v Louth. Basketball. Sheridan. 5 letters. Galway v Kildare. 1998. Horses. Tyrone v Monaghan. Dick. Nudie.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thejuice

Saturday 4 February - Meath v Monaghan
Sunday 12 February - Westmeath v Meath
Saturday 3 March - Meath v Kildare
Sunday 11 March - Galway v Meath
Saturday 17 March - Meath v Derry
Sunday 24 March - Tyrone v Meath
Sunday 8 April - Meath v Louth

God knows what way we'll turn out after last years awful league campaign, but I think we can manage at least 3 wins and stay up. Each game has something to give it a bit of interest.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on October 20, 2011, 07:13:58 PM
Only one hoor of a journey for us . Was too much to hope we'd have Antrim and Wexford at home.
We need a manager /management team appointed first before we can start thinking of the evenings getting longer and seeing all the oul NFL faces out again.

Huh!
What's the story with Fergie? I thought he was staying on.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ross4life

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 21, 2011, 11:35:38 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 20, 2011, 07:13:58 PM
Only one hoor of a journey for us . Was too much to hope we'd have Antrim and Wexford at home.
We need a manager /management team appointed first before we can start thinking of the evenings getting longer and seeing all the oul NFL faces out again.

Huh!
What's the story with Fergie? I thought he was staying on.
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=20398.0
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 21, 2011, 09:57:57 PM

Only the highlighted fixtures will interest the neutral (maybe)

Who's neutral during the NFL seeing as all 33 Counties are involved ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM