Your 1st "real" concert...

Started by 5 Sams, October 18, 2011, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie g 8

Stall the Bailer

Slane 1998 (The Verve,  Manic Street Preachers, Robbie Williams, James )

Oraisteach

This thread has me banjaxed because of my porous memory.  You'd think you'd remember your first, wouldn't you.

Apart from the usual Irish fare—Horslips, Thin Lizzy, Rory and Planxty—I can't recall my first, but I'd have to say the most significant, though not necessarily the best, was Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon at the Liverpool Empire in the early 70's.

Saw Lou Reed there too about the same time. Maybe Bob Marley.  But have to say that I'm still annoyed that I couldn't be arsed going to see Queen, even though I worked the concert.  Because my friend liked them, a lad whose taste was crap, I decided to head off to a nearby pub during the show after the set-up. 

Puckoon

Not completely un-related - but Thin Lizzy (whats left of them) are playing here in Reno on Wednesday. I've never seen them in action - is what's left of them now worth a ticket?

Maguire01

Therapy? / Ash / Joyrider - The Point - 1995

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ross4life

AC/DC Point Theatre, Dublin, 1991. I wonder was any of our older members at Woodstock 69?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mountainboii

Foo Fighters at the Point in 2002. Great night, looks a bit shit here though.

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Puckoon on October 19, 2011, 05:49:03 PM
Not completely un-related - but Thin Lizzy (whats left of them) are playing here in Reno on Wednesday. I've never seen them in action - is what's left of them now worth a ticket?

Puck, haven't seen them live myself, but they were on the late late show and if you Google thin lizzy late show you can watch them, might give you a notion whether you go or not.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Ulick

Everly Brothers, Grosvenor Hall, Belfast. '83 or '84.

westmayo

Quote from: AFS on October 19, 2011, 06:16:35 PM
Foo Fighters at the Point in 2002. Great night, looks a bit shit here though.

That doesn't look like The Point in that video

Milltown Row2

First stadium concert was The Joshua Tree concert at Croke Park.

My dad brought me and the brother down and dropped us off outside Quinn's, my dad then headed of to relatives for the day. We headed straight into an offy and bought two 2 litres of cider and as i was standing there hold the bottles my dad drove past me  ;D ;D shaking his fist wound down the window and said he'll sort me out later FFS. I was 16

Had been to a clatter of concerts at the Kings hall previously, T'pau, Five star, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode (top concert) And then went to Erasure in the Ulster Hall (crazy concert)

Most of the concerts at the Kings Hall were free ones, we knew the door men (La Salle Teachers)

Been to the rest of the U2 concerts though, but don't think I'll head to any more, can't be arsed paying the big money for them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Myles Na G.

The Radiators From Space, circa about 1976.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 19, 2011, 10:21:43 PM
First stadium concert was The Joshua Tree concert at Croke Park.

My dad brought me and the brother down and dropped us off outside Quinn's, my dad then headed of to relatives for the day. We headed straight into an offy and bought two 2 litres of cider and as i was standing there hold the bottles my dad drove past me  ;D ;D shaking his fist wound down the window and said he'll sort me out later FFS. I was 16

Had been to a clatter of concerts at the Kings hall previously, T'pau, Five star, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode (top concert) And then went to Erasure in the Ulster Hall (crazy concert)

Most of the concerts at the Kings Hall were free ones, we knew the door men (La Salle Teachers)

Been to the rest of the U2 concerts though, but don't think I'll head to any more, can't be arsed paying the big money for them
Would like to have seen Depeche Mode in the day.