Football Manager 2012

Started by Armaghgael, October 18, 2011, 04:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Blue Gael

Think i have done a fairly good job at Queens. Have signed a pile of 16 year olds who are now starting to dominate the under18 leagues. Only a matter of time until they come through and i can sell them for some transfer money

Link

Quote from: Mario on December 07, 2011, 12:57:40 PM
Quote from: Link on December 07, 2011, 12:07:07 PM
5 seasons in with liverpool. One premier league in 11/12, One carling cup 12/13, 3 Champions League 12/13, 13/14, 14/15.  ;D Two World Clubs, haven't played the third yet Getting £80m a year to spend!

Rooney scored a 93rd minute winner to take the league from me in 13/14, couldn't get near them in 14/15.

Steven Gerrard was manager of Chelsea but got sacked, retired 12/13 after cruciate injury.
If only Kenny Daglish could take the option of not saving after every liverpool defeat!
Hasn't been done yet. Saving before each game would take too long!

Cavani and Leandro Damiao have been good signings for me.

Armaghgael

Man City
3 league titles in a row
3 Community Shields
2 League Cups
1 F.A Cup

Best Signings
1) Cavani
2) Di Maria
3) Jagelika

Anyone got any good tactics/formations?

Also anyone know of good youngsters or other decent players?
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Armaghgael on December 07, 2011, 06:12:34 PM
Man City
3 league titles in a row
3 Community Shields
2 League Cups
1 F.A Cup

Best Signings
1) Cavani
2) Di Maria
3) Jagelika

munian from bilbao 23 mill release clause,trying get llorente but they want 33 million.  have just added gary cahill to spurs squad.  england won the euros lol

Armaghgael

Quote from: charlie stubbs on December 07, 2011, 09:50:21 PM
Quote from: Armaghgael on December 07, 2011, 06:12:34 PM
Man City
3 league titles in a row
3 Community Shields
2 League Cups
1 F.A Cup

Best Signings
1) Cavani
2) Di Maria
3) Jagelika

munian from bilbao 23 mill release clause,trying get llorente but they want 33 million.  have just added gary cahill to spurs squad.  england won the euros lol

First time for everything :D :D :D
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Minus15

f**k you lads would nearly make me go buy it! Bought it last year and ended up only playing it for about 2 weeks - it was such an impulse buy at the time. Don't know if I would get the time but used to spend some time on it. Remember my greatest achievement was winning the 2022 World Cup with Ireland 4-5 games ago!

EagleLord

Here's a question for yous all, if you're addicts like myself.. Have you ever signed anyone in the game, who was a virtual unknown, and then went on to become a class palyer for you. Then a few months or years later, in real life he is on every club's radar? I have had a few of these cases over the years. Eden Hazard and Alexis Sanchez are more recent discoveries, before they started making headlines in real life. No-one believes me but I scouted and signed Kaka from Sao Paulo in the 01/02 game, before he went to Milan in real life.

Oak Leafer

EagleLord

I would beleive that Oak, but the wink suggests that you're taking the piss out of me... :-\

Oak Leafer

I'm being deadly serious!

Championship Manager days! :)

EagleLord

Aye same with me Championship Manager 01/02! :)

Hashtag

In an old game of mine, Matthew Blinkhorn was tearing up the Championship (Division 1) with Blackpool. Inter Milan snatched him up for about a million quid. He went on to be the best English striker about. I was Chelsea and had a £20million bid laughed at.
In real life Matthew is currently playing for Sligo Rovers.

Sky Blue Gael

I remember buying Sanli Tuncay maybe 5 or 6 games ago (Might even have been back in the championship manager days) when no one had ever heard of him for United. He scored at least every game no exageration. Got world player of the year and golden boot and stuff.  Then somebody bought him in real life and it turned out he was shite!  8) 8) 8)

tyroneboi

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on December 07, 2011, 02:20:48 PM
Is the iphone app version out yet?

I seen it in the app store there today £6.99. I must get it for when I'm bored over the Christmas holidays!

DownFanatic

In Championship Manager 4 I mind signing Vidic for 2.5 million from Red Star Belgrade. He was basically unheard of then.

I mind in that game Fabregas was a 15 year old with Arsenal and was dubbed the 'next Luis Enrique'.

In terms of the new game: The goalkeeper Courtois of Chelsea turns out to be one of the best in the world. Sebastien Coates of Liverpool turns out to be one of the best defenders in the game, Jordan Henderson, Thomas Muller and Mario Gotze become top midfielders while Pato and Bojan become the best strikers.