The Stone Roses Reunited...

Started by Dinny Breen, October 17, 2011, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

good man dinny - glad you enjoyed it. Was the ground as wet as I heard?

Dinny Breen

Yea parts of it were like a swamp, will be awful come Sunday night, after the gig a few people tried to leave via one of the emergency exits, security tried to hold them back, there was a bit of a shemozzle with a few slaps thrown and the the gate was rushed, could have been very dangerous. MCD really should be accountable for a shit exit strategy.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Exit strategies wouldn't be their strong point I'll never forget the 4 hours it took me to get out of a field at Oxegen a few years back!

I'm glad they were good I'm going to see them in August and I can't wait. Florence and Rodrigo y Gabriela there as well it promises to be an amazing night. If the weather holds!!

heffo

Really enjoyed the gig. Nightmare getting out of the kip.

ballinaman

Anyone use the Ashtown gate to exit?? Thinking of getting in and out tomorrow by train into Ashtown.....

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Aoise

I've been reading some of the reviews on last nights gig and its hilarious the way the first generation fans absolutely loved it whilst some (not all) of the second gen fans can't believe how bad Ian Brown's voice was.  I suppose thats the difference really.  Those of us who have waited for the last 15 years wouldn't give a shite if he never opened his mouth just stood there bobbing along while the rest of us sang.  Thats how much of a privilege I felt it was to be at heaton park last week.  Ian Brown's vocal (in)ability was fully expected by me and others there, but it didn't matter.  There was a wee bit of magic around the Roses first time and I'm just glad to see them get their dues.  Vocally he's shite, but he's still the best frontman in the business...doesn't make sense does it? :D  Oh and he also had a major hand in writing some of the best songs on any album I'll ever own so, roll on Belfast!

ziggy90

Quote from: Aoise on July 06, 2012, 01:35:03 PM
I've been reading some of the reviews on last nights gig and its hilarious the way the first generation fans absolutely loved it whilst some (not all) of the second gen fans can't believe how bad Ian Brown's voice was.  I suppose thats the difference really.  Those of us who have waited for the last 15 years wouldn't give a shite if he never opened his mouth just stood there bobbing along while the rest of us sang.  Thats how much of a privilege I felt it was to be at heaton park last week.  Ian Brown's vocal (in)ability was fully expected by me and others there, but it didn't matter.  There was a wee bit of magic around the Roses first time and I'm just glad to see them get their dues.  Vocally he's shite, but he's still the best frontman in the business...doesn't make sense does it? :D  Oh and he also had a major hand in writing some of the best songs on any album I'll ever own so, roll on Belfast!

Really?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Croí na hÉireann

Jeans and runners destroyed, great gig though.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Aoise

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 06, 2012, 01:53:03 PM
Quote from: Aoise on July 06, 2012, 01:35:03 PM

Really?

Sorry should have said IMHO, but I do believe he is.  I appreciate how opinions would differ on this so. ;)

Harold Disgracey

Heading to Snow Patrol tomorrow night wit wife & kids. Any advice on the best place to park? I hear they only serve Heineken inside, is this correct and what are the chances of them searching the wee girl if I get her to smuggle a naggin of whiskey in for me?

boojangles

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 06, 2012, 01:30:47 PM
Great gig. Terrible venue.

+1.

Spent about 2 hours getting back into town after trying to walk as the crow flys. Went from Mickey D's back garden to the AZoo and round by Farmleigh. I wouldn't advise it. Runners are in the bin.

J OGorman

Have 2 spare tix for the Tennents Vital Show in Belfast if anyone is in need, £90 for the pair  8)

cheers

theticklemister

Might be for this stone roses concert in belfast on wed night. My music interests are only traditional and folk music.

Will I anyway enjoy this concert??????? Wouldn't mind getting pished in belfast for 2 nights.