Android Applications

Started by Link, October 17, 2011, 11:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link

Seen that there was an iPhone applications thread and thought i would start this!

I use the following quite often. All were free.

Youtube
Northern Bank
Trip Advisor
Live Score - Faster than sky sports. Gives you scores, scorers and bookings/sending offs
Sky Sports
Facebook
Google +
Twitter

Games
Drop - very addictive game
Bebbled
Angry birds. 3 different versions.

amallon

In no order:

Twitter
Youtube
Facebook
Amazon
Ebay
Red Laser - can scan a barcode and find you the cheapest online price.
Google Shopper - Same as red laser.  I prefer red laser
Geo Reminder - It can set location based reminders.  I.e. I can tell the phone to remind me to get milk the next time I'm passing the shop.  Quite hard on battery though.
Wifi Analyser - Handy tool for telling me about Wifi networks in an area
SpeedTest - Tells me about the speed of the internet conenction
GoogleSky - Hold your phone up to the sky and it will tell you what stars/planets you are looking at.
FlashLight
Angry Birds
Rugby World Cup App - Was handy during the earlier stages of the world cup
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Forever Green

Thinking about getting the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8. Anybody have any experiences with them? Looks a very good phone for the price of it

gallsman

Quote from: amallon on October 17, 2011, 12:07:01 PM
In no order:

Twitter
Youtube
Facebook
Amazon
Ebay
Red Laser - can scan a barcode and find you the cheapest online price.
Google Shopper - Same as red laser.  I prefer red laser
Geo Reminder - It can set location based reminders.  I.e. I can tell the phone to remind me to get milk the next time I'm passing the shop.  Quite hard on battery though.
Wifi Analyser - Handy tool for telling me about Wifi networks in an area
SpeedTest - Tells me about the speed of the internet conenction
GoogleSky - Hold your phone up to the sky and it will tell you what stars/planets you are looking at.
FlashLight
Angry Birds
Rugby World Cup App - Was handy during the earlier stages of the world cup

I can't find this in the market. Any chance you have the .apk file?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Shortso79

What website does everyone use for Android Applications ?

laoislad

The main ones I use are.

LFC Live.
Textdroid
Tweetdeck
Facebook
Engadget
PGA Tour Golf
Ohm's Law calculator.
Convert Pad.
Tunein Radio.
Track ID.
Runkeeper.
Google Navigation
Soccer Live scores.
Real Calculator.
Skyfire web browser.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: Forever Green on October 17, 2011, 09:59:53 PM
Thinking about getting the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8. Anybody have any experiences with them? Looks a very good phone for the price of it

I've had the X10 for the past while and it is a heap of dung.
Waiting on the Google Nexus Prime announcement Wednesday to decide between that or iphone 4s or HTC Sensation XE as my new phone.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

armaghniac

QuoteThinking about getting the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8. Anybody have any experiences with them? Looks a very good phone for the price of it

I have an X8. It is a lower end phone, but it does the job.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

amallon

gallsman - Don't know why you can't find Amazon.  Its in the market.  Try searching for Amazon UK

Shortso79 - You should have an App installed on your phone called Market.  If you go in there you can search for and install App's

I hate the keyboard layout on my Galaxy.  The keys on the querty keyboard aren't layed out correctly.  For example the space bar is too far to the left.  When I go with my left thumb to hit space I get a full stop.  Anyone any apps that could improve the texting experience?

Link

Quote from: amallon on October 18, 2011, 09:26:24 AM
gallsman - Don't know why you can't find Amazon.  Its in the market.  Try searching for Amazon UK

Shortso79 - You should have an App installed on your phone called Market.  If you go in there you can search for and install App's

I hate the keyboard layout on my Galaxy.  The keys on the querty keyboard aren't layed out correctly.  For example the space bar is too far to the left.  When I go with my left thumb to hit space I get a full stop.  Anyone any apps that could improve the texting experience?

Are you using swype? On my galaxy i don't need to use the space bar as it automatically puts a space in when i move to a new word

amallon

Tried Swype.  I could see the benefits of it but I just couldn't get onto the way of it.  I'd have it turned on but would forget to use it and just tap away as normal!

Shortso79

Cheers

gallsman

Had it originally but then it vanished. Not sure to do with restrictions in the south or anything. Dunno why though, I have the Kindle App.

amallon

Angry Birds Space - Great time killer.