Author Topic: British State Collusion  (Read 80226 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: British State Collusion
« Reply #645 on: September 09, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »
Wouldn't it be better if we ditched the past?
No.

Then letís start with a victims commissioner for the 1641 Rebellion.

Or are you going to draw the line for what is in scope?
If their loved ones are still hurting, demanding to know the truth and trying to clear their names, I wish them the best of luck.
In relation to Ballymurphy, these families have sat back and watched their loved oneís killers be hailed as heroes, awarded and indeed knighted for their actions in the British military. Meanwhile, those innocents who were murdered in cold blood were vilified as terrorists.
It may be easy for you to ďditch itĒ but I donít know where you get off telling these families to ďditch itĒ.

Okay. Maybe if I said I had a brother killed in the Troubles? If I had two relations killed in the Troubles can I "get off" as you put it?

Everybody has suffered.

Did you?

Does it matter if he has or not? Not a family I knew where I grew up didnít have a relative that was maimed shot or witnessed shootings..

I think heís asking the question when will we put it behind us to move forward? Iím for a truth commission myself, but I can totally understand the plight of the Ballymurphy families.. and any other families that suffered loss without getting closure
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 30, 2019, 02:14:58 PM »
Saw that Unquiet Graves film last night about the Glennane Gang - had it's North American premiere here.

Very powerful movie - some scenes were harrowing - like the widow of Pat Campbell having to identify her husband's killer Robin Jackson.

For the life of me - I'd also never heard that story about them wanting to shoot up a primary school in retaliation for Kingsmills.  :o

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 30, 2019, 02:33:44 PM »
Saw that Unquiet Graves film last night about the Glennane Gang - had it's North American premiere here.

Very powerful movie - some scenes were harrowing - like the widow of Pat Campbell having to identify her husband's killer Robin Jackson.

For the life of me - I'd also never heard that story about them wanting to shoot up a primary school in retaliation for Kingsmills.  :o

Yes, a very emotive docu-film. I watched it in the company of a lot of the families and it was an extremely tough watch. The opening scene epitomises the horror and what it was like trying to do innocent everyday things like coming home from a GAA game.
Did they have a Q&A afterwards with the director Sean Murray?

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 30, 2019, 02:53:23 PM »

Yes, a very emotive docu-film. I watched it in the company of a lot of the families and it was an extremely tough watch. The opening scene epitomises the horror and what it was like trying to do innocent everyday things like coming home from a GAA game.

Yes - actually the brother one of the guys killed in that opening scene lives here now and was at the film last night.

They did have a Q&A afterwards yes - very interested in his next piece that he's filming right now about David Kelly - the scientist behind the Iraq War WMD dossier

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 30, 2019, 04:56:41 PM »

Yes - actually the brother one of the guys killed in that opening scene lives here now and was at the film last night.

They did have a Q&A afterwards yes - very interested in his next piece that he's filming right now about David Kelly - the scientist behind the Iraq War WMD dossier

Toronto - yes of course.
For anyone who hasn't seen the film I think it will be on Amazon later this year. It is a must watch. An insight into what living in NI and being Nationalist was like. A population targeted by paramilitary, military and police forces every single day. 
I didn't know that was his next project. Should be very interesting.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 30, 2019, 05:01:28 PM »

Toronto - yes of course.
For anyone who hasn't seen the film I think it will be on Amazon later this year. It is a must watch. An insight into what living in NI and being Nationalist was like. A population targeted by paramilitary, military and police forces every single day. 
I didn't know that was his next project. Should be very interesting.

Did I hesr it will be on Rt… in the summer?

Everybody in the 26 counties should watch it, if they get a chance.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 30, 2019, 05:22:45 PM »
Yes - the director mentioned last night that RTE will be airing it in July

You can rent stream it here - https://www.journeyman.tv/film/7506/unquiet-graves#payments_modal_on and on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbIapo51iQ

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 04, 2019, 12:14:30 PM »
Finally watched "no stone unturned" last night. Really does show what was going on back then and most likely still is with handlers etc. The way the so called Police are behaving even today shows that Catholics are not safe with this shower of c**ts

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 04, 2019, 01:01:15 PM »
The  whole episode regarding the arresting of the two journalists that were involved in that film, is to discredit what they uncovered. To more or less say, sure you donít want to be listening to the lies that those boys are spinning you.

50/50 recruitment or not. The PSNI adhere to a Brit agenda, and always will.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 04, 2019, 02:07:15 PM »
This whole thing has set them back years in my view. Years.

It completely discredits the PSNI full stop and makes them no better than the RUC.

I don't know why a hell of a lot more isn't being made of this.

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 04, 2019, 03:55:49 PM »
The whole Brexit shite is taking alot of the light off these stories but every Irish journalists should be shouting from the roof tops about this. Why has RTE not even shown this yet, where is Leo condemning what has happened to these men in modern times.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 04, 2019, 04:37:18 PM »

It completely discredits the PSNI full stop and makes them no better than the RUC.

More hasnít been made of this, because this is a British-run statelet, with a British propaganda news channel and a police force with a British agenda. Half the elected politicians keep the British agenda going, never seeing a problem with government behaviour and of their armed forces. Plus you have an inept Nationalist/Republican politicians who only care about lining their own pockets.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 04, 2019, 04:52:25 PM »

More hasnít been made of this, because this is a British-run statelet, with a British propaganda news channel and a police force with a British agenda. Half the elected politicians keep the British agenda going, never seeing a problem with government behaviour and of their armed forces. Plus you have an inept Nationalist/Republican politicians who only care about lining their own pockets.

The British government and indeed the Paramilitaries just wish this would all go away. I was at the screening of Unquiet graves and I was struck by the age of the people in the room. Time is not on their side in their search for answers.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 12, 2019, 01:02:37 PM »
Soldier to face prosecution over the killing of Aidan McAnespie.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 12, 2019, 03:10:31 PM »
Soldier to face prosecution over the killing of Aidan McAnespie.

Johnny Mercer and Mark Francois will be in meltdown......so will poor Willie.