Boards.ie

Started by Boycey, October 06, 2011, 04:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Any of you lot post on there in any of the forums?

I was googling something and wandered in there by accident. Any forum I looked at was awful and the soccer ones in particular were mindnumbingly bad.

Hashtag

I used to. I was banned though.  :(

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GalwayBayBoy

Very handy for finding out information on practically anything and everything. Very heavily moderated though. To the point of it being annoying. Seems to be at least one asshole mod on every forum there.

Boycey

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 06, 2011, 04:41:28 PM
Very handy for finding out information on practically anything and everything. Very heavily moderated though. To the point of it being annoying. Seems to be at least one asshole mod on every forum there.

Yeah the couple of times I was in there before it was always from googling some technical problem I was having.

the Deel Rover

thats for sure and they don't seem to like newbies very much
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

thebigfella

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 06, 2011, 05:16:34 PM

thats for sure and they don't seem to like newbies very much

Yeah, the golf forum is atrocious and the mods are even worse on it. Guys spending all day talking about the poor golf they play but then dishing out crap advice too everyone.

Shamrock Shore

I'm registered - posted a few things but one and and only true love is gaaboard

Posting on any other forum seems dirty and cheap  :'(

Tony Baloney

The boards.ie mustard thread is second to none.

armaghniac

The forums on technical stuff can be useful for stuff about Saorview or the best mobile phone tariff and some of the other discussion forums are interesting, although there is a even more bollix there than here!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Boycey

5 Sams

Thats Friday afternoon sorted then!!! ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Radda bout yeee

Use it for one or two threads - i think its good. The really good thing about it is its iPhone user friendly web page - don't know the technical way to describe it but has anyone else used it in this format?

Any way of getting gaaboard onto a similar type system for smart phone? Would make life easier when out and about!

Puckoon

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 07, 2011, 10:31:42 AM
The Pictures Thread on there is a cracker..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055750426

Man's inhumanity to man...

Heartbreaking viewing in there.