Fergal steps down from Roscommon Senior job

Started by commonman, October 05, 2011, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: sheamy on October 07, 2011, 02:28:51 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 07, 2011, 02:26:58 PM
Quote from: sheamy on October 06, 2011, 01:48:58 PM
Roscommon must be one of the few connaught counties Mickey Moran hasn't conquered  ;)

Surprised by the news myself. I know nothing about the lad but he seemed to have the rossies on a serious upward trend and playing some nice stuff.

Where is this Connaught place you speak of? I always thought Roscommon was in Connacht.

good man, correcting spelling mistakes now. Slow day?

Is this Connaught you speak of not one of those "West Brit"isms that your hero Martin McGuinness would turn in his grave over.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

sheamy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 07, 2011, 06:51:48 PM
Roscommon must be one of the few connaught counties Mickey Moran hasn't conquered  ;)

Surprised by the news myself. I know nothing about the lad but he seemed to have the rossies on a serious upward trend and playing some nice stuff.

Where is this Connaught place you speak of? I always thought Roscommon was in Connacht.

Is this Connaught you speak of not one of those "West Brit"isms that your hero Martin McGuinness would turn in his grave over.

nah, it's a spelling mistake

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: sheamy on October 07, 2011, 07:43:14 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 07, 2011, 06:51:48 PM

nah, it's a spelling mistake

Spelling mistake that just happens to be the British Imperalist way of spelling it, what a coincidence. Do you pronounce it "Con-nought" too I suppose  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Des Newton is going to be the new Senior Roscommon manager & Gareth Carroll,Nigel Dineen will take over at U-21,minor level best of luck to all three.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Best of luck indeed to all 3.
Hope Des isnt out of touch with all those years away from home.
Any idea who his assistants might be R4L?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Plenty of rumours like Paul Earley,Shane Curran & Niall Moyna whom worked with alot of the players at DCU but won't be known until next weeks meeting i understand.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on November 11, 2011, 08:45:30 PM
Plenty of rumours like Paul Earley,Shane Curran & Niall Moyna whom worked with alot of the players at DCU but won't be known until next weeks meeting i understand.

Oh please let them have Cake.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on November 11, 2011, 08:50:18 PM

A Curran cake would be better than the stale rhubarb crumble we got a few years ago.

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on November 11, 2011, 09:06:19 PM

A Curran cake would be better than the stale rhubarb crumble we got a few years ago.

I am praying you have Cake.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on November 11, 2011, 09:06:19 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Some crumbling done during that period right enough. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Might lose the head though.

commonman

QuoteDes Newton is set to take charge of the Roscommon senior football team and will be ratified as manager at next week's county board meeting.

Newton, who is based in Dublin and has been involved with Kilmacud Crokes, is believed to have taken up Roscommon's offer to succeed Fergal O'Donnell.

Newton, a former Roscommon county defender is expected to commute from Dublin for matches and training.

Former star forward Nigel Dineen has already been confirmed as the new Roscommon Under-21 manager as the county as undergoing a rehaul across the board.

spuds

Quote from: commonman on November 12, 2011, 06:07:16 PM
QuoteDes Newton is set to take charge of the Roscommon senior football team and will be ratified as manager at next week's county board meeting.

Newton, who is based in Dublin and has been involved with Kilmacud Crokes, is believed to have taken up Roscommon's offer to succeed Fergal O'Donnell.

Newton, a former Roscommon county defender is expected to commute from Dublin for matches and training.

Former star forward Nigel Dineen has already been confirmed as the new Roscommon Under-21 manager as the county as undergoing a rehaul across the board.
Interesting choices, what real experience would Newton and Dineen have in management ? Never heard of Newton being involved with Kilmacud Crokes before this.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

southsidejohnny

Sorry but glad to see O Donnell go. With him in charge and his ability I could see them being a big challenge in the years ahead. A big sigh of relief with the appointment of the ex Donegal footballer. More pain for the rossies...there is a god after all.