Bring back Plunkett Donaghy

Started by NaomhBridAbú, October 03, 2011, 09:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaomhBridAbú

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

orchard 8195

BennyCake

Ah Big Plunker, I remember getting his autograph in the Moy the day after Tyrone lost the All Ireland in 1986.  Thats back when I had no sense, mind you.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

NaomhBridAbú

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

NaomhBridAbú

BennyCake

Plunkett Donaghy - Tyrone's answer to Chuck Norris.

He'll always be remembered for dropping that Tohill free kick in the 1992 NFL final, that ultimately cost Tyrone their first national title.  God bless him.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on October 04, 2011, 08:49:32 PM

He'll always be remembered for dropping that Tohill free kick in the 1992 NFL final, that ultimately cost Tyrone their first national title.  God bless him.

I'll remember him for scoring the goal that beat Armagh in Omagh in 1994 and was it not Plunkett that kicked the ball so high that it forced Pat Donnan to carry it over the line against Down in the 1986 Ulster Final? So I think I'll forgive him 1992.
That was never a square ball!!

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 04, 2011, 08:56:35 PM

I'll remember him for scoring the goal that beat Armagh in Omagh in 1994 and was it not Plunkett that kicked the ball so high that it forced Pat Donnan to carry it over the line against Down in the 1986 Ulster Final? So I think I'll forgive him 1992.

man is a legend. Peter Canavan suggests that had Plunkey stayed on in 1995, the result would have been different....if your aunt had balls, and all that, but on his day he was one of the best midfielders around

heffo

You're a bitter man Benny.

red hander

Don't be too hard on him. It must be terrible to live in the shadow of his neighbour's success and to have lost the two most important games ever played between the pair  :D

BennyCake

[/quote]

[/quote]

Benny me old mucker, I presume you mean tyrone's third goal that day. Yes big plunkey did score it, although at one stage I thought he was gonna take the ball home with him, he took that many steps  :D anyhow, sure the game was up at that stage. But sure big houli rattled that same net the year before  ;)

Big plunkett was a quads player I'll admit, and ye might have won Sam in 95 had he been there. Ye also might have won the NFL in 92 if he hadn't been there  :D

And heffo, before you jump to conclusions about us Armagh ones being bitter, I'll have you know I've met plunkett manys a time. He's a decent fella. Sure can't ye have a frigging bit of banter on here with your best of enemies?  ;)