Amanda Knox & Raffaele Sollecito freed on appeal in Kercher case

Started by Minder, October 03, 2011, 09:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 04, 2011, 05:13:02 PM
This whole thing stinks i read the book on it last year and been following it quite a bit and i think its ridiculous that they got off. If i was a juror and she was in front of me they would both be going down!

What book would this be that it gets the definite article?

TG, is it you that is a trainee solicitor? Perhaps you'd care to explain in what sort of fair judicial system someone could be legitimately convicted based on evidence that was clearly proven to be inadmissible?

tyssam5

Quote from: muppet on October 04, 2011, 11:57:26 AM
Did they explain why she lied and tried to pin it on the other guy who was proven innocent originally?

Why did Gerry Conlon's aunt end up implicated? Police.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 04, 2011, 08:53:12 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 04, 2011, 11:57:26 AM
Did they explain why she lied and tried to pin it on the other guy who was proven innocent originally?

This is a partition thing isn't it?
MWWSI 2017

tyssam5

Seems like they had started too far down the road of looking at her, because she's weird, prior to finding Guede's shit in the toilet and bloody hand-print on the wall. After that they made up a story to fit them all in backed up by junk science. Anyone ever heard of 2 students, together with a random stranger killing another student in a sex-game with knives? No? Any-one ever heard of a man breaking into a house and killing a girl inside it? Yes?

under the bar

Is it true or not that they both staged a break in to the flat to implicate someone else?

tyssam5

Quote from: under the bar on October 04, 2011, 09:20:55 PM
Is it true or not that they both staged a break in to the flat to implicate someone else?

There was argument as to whether a break-in was staged or not. But I doubt they took shit from the chaps arse and staged it in the toilet or chopped his hands off to stage his palm print in blood. Nor did they stage his fleeing to Germany after the crime was committed.

muppet

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 04, 2011, 09:34:27 PM

There was argument as to whether a break-in was staged or not. But I doubt they took shit from the chaps arse and staged it in the toilet or chopped his hands off to stage his palm print in blood. Nor did they stage his fleeing to Germany after the crime was committed.

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: Tyrones own on October 04, 2011, 04:09:36 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 04, 2011, 04:02:34 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 04, 2011, 03:17:09 PM
The whole thing stinks. I think the right guy is probably in prison but the behaviour of Knox and her ex-boyfriend is very suspicious. I have no idea what happened but if they were completely innocent was it so hard to hard to stick to a story, why point the blame in the wrong direction and given that they were each others' alibi, why fall out?
I think it's all that far left  Obama's fault.-
Fcuk...speaking of radical turn arounds  :D

Here boy! Sit!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on October 04, 2011, 08:54:23 PM
She must be gagging for the ride after 4 years in jail.
You offering your services? She's maybe got plenty in gaol.

mylestheslasher

Most of the media seem to think it was the right decision to acquit them given the flimsy evidence, with the exception of the Sunday Independant who claim Martin McGuinness did it and they have a new poll on Sunday to prove it.

saffron sam2

Your man's name is an anagram of Lose fellatio farce. Probably irrelevant though.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

sheamy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 04, 2011, 10:30:57 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 04, 2011, 08:54:23 PM
She must be gagging for the ride after 4 years in jail.
You offering your services? She's maybe got plenty in gaol.

you'd wouldn't know if it would be the night of your life or the last night of your life. kinda exciting though. If she asks can she bring a friend, just say no.

nrico2006

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 04, 2011, 09:34:27 PM

It seems more likely than anything that the man convicted of the killing did it.  He said he was in the bog and when he came out he was confronted by a knife wielding maniac.  It would seem more realistic that he was trying it on and more than likely couldn't handle being shot down.  Everyone here going on about books and documentaries need to take a step back and realise that most of these are produced to back up their initial view that Knox was the culprit.  This case really illustrates how powerful the media can be, with Knox being painted in a terrible light from day one by every paper, magazine and tv report about.  She is apparently this sex mad crazy horse who is into satanic rituals - but where is the evidence to back this up?  Even if this were true, if you are a sex mad person into satanic rituals does that automatically mean you are the murder?  We tend to consciously and subconsciously absorb everything we hear and read and treat it as factual.  Most average people would believe that Knox is the killer and that is simply down to the way she has been portrayed, and not in light of the evidence.  There are some interesting issues that have been raised which do seem to raise suspicion (phones off on night of murder; accusing her boss), but again there could be rational explanations for these.  God knows how any of us would react if we were in a foreign country and being interrogated unethically or illegally for hours upon hours day after day in a language we didn't speak fluently, you would probably end up saying anything once they break you just for a bit of respite.  Even people saying that because she looks like an evil b**tch then she must have murdered is unbelievable.  People simply see her in that way because they have been convinced by the media that she is a cold blooded killer, if it were any of us on trial we would be looked at in the same light. 

Good short article found below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8803077/Amanda-Knox-Guilty-or-innocent-five-reasons-why.html
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sans pessimism

Dunno whose right or wrong but its so sad for the Kercher family
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"