Author Topic: What Rule changes should the GAA introduce for football if any ?  (Read 11383 times)

Jinxy

• View Profile
Re: What Rule changes should the GAA introduce for football if any ?
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2018, 12:50:03 PM »
No keep the ball a la les Dubs or back passes to gk. Rugby league has ball to opposition after x phases.

Basketball has a shot clock, I suppose you want that too?

No need to imitate every other sport or any other sport for that matter.

Defining a gaelic football tackle and legal means of dispossessing an opponent will fix a lot of our ills.  If a team can get 4 players around an opponent and the player in possession cannot find an open player, then maybe the 4 tacklers should get possession for assuming the risk of leaving their own markers?
There is a definition of a tackle - a legal attempt to win or dispossess an opponent

Could we get a definition of 'a legal attempt'?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
No keep the ball a la les Dubs or back passes to gk. Rugby league has ball to opposition after x phases.

Basketball has a shot clock, I suppose you want that too?

No need to imitate every other sport or any other sport for that matter.

Defining a gaelic football tackle and legal means of dispossessing an opponent will fix a lot of our ills.  If a team can get 4 players around an opponent and the player in possession cannot find an open player, then maybe the 4 tacklers should get possession for assuming the risk of leaving their own markers?
There is a definition of a tackle - a legal attempt to win or dispossess an opponent

Could we get a definition of 'a legal attempt'?
I think any attempt that does not involve grabbing the player or jersey and is not a punch or a slap design to hurt rather than dispossess should be allowed . but ther important part is if the player in possession hold the ball for longer than 4 step or that similar time the referee should reward the tackle as if the player holds on long enough he's sure o get a free at present.
the exception to all of this being Aidan o se who every one knows is big enough to take it
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Unlaoised

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »
Split Dublin in 4 !!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Honestly I'd certainly change that free taking shite....Peno's or nothing!
LAOIS ABÚ

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2018, 10:56:35 AM »
no Substitutions   after 5 minutes to go , stop games petering out with a whole host of stoppages , this including injuries
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere