Connacht Senior club championship 2011

Started by ross4life, September 26, 2011, 06:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

It's on the Roscommon road - surely there would be a bus going out that direction that you could take and get them to stop in the general area - it is a bit in off the beaten track but it beats walking five miles each way.

coosanglen

GalwayBayBoy

Ja's the man!

Re: Connacht Senior club championship 2011
« Reply #68 on: Today at 02:57:16 PM »

Is it not a bit odd to have a provincial final literally on the home field of one of the finalists? I presumed the final would have been in one of the provincial county grounds.

Provincial club games can now only be played in a nominated/designated county ground, Kiltoom is the second Roscommon county ground that's why the game can be played there. In days gone by provincial club games could be played at the home club, but due to health and safety I guess that is no longer the case.

Syferus

Quote from: coosanglen on November 07, 2011, 09:35:02 PM

GalwayBayBoy

Ja's the man!

Re: Connacht Senior club championship 2011
« Reply #68 on: Today at 02:57:16 PM »

Is it not a bit odd to have a provincial final literally on the home field of one of the finalists? I presumed the final would have been in one of the provincial county grounds.

Provincial club games can now only be played in a nominated/designated county ground, Kiltoom is the second Roscommon county ground that's why the game can be played there. In days gone by provincial club games could be played at the home club, but due to health and safety I guess that is no longer the case.

Yeah, that makes sense! What's the exact capacity of Kiltoom anyways?

ross4life

Final is currently down for a 2pm throw in, emmetryan bus eireann Westport to Dublin routes travel into Kiltoom i'm sure you could get a request stop near the pitch.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

emmetryan

Cheers for the info. I think I've a lift sorted from Athlone but I'll keep that option in mind.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 07, 2011, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 07, 2011, 04:24:29 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 07, 2011, 02:57:16 PM
98,04 and 07 Connacht finals  ;)

yeah and we won one at home as well an unreal day . Thats why i could not understand why ballintubber were  playing in mc hale park ,do you no longer play your games at home any more does it allways have to go to the county grounds

Ballina, Crossmolina and Charlestown have all played Connacht Club championship games on their home ground in the last ten years because those three venues are designated county ground, can host NFL games etc. At least they were unless something changed in recent years.
Ballintubber's home ground, Clogher, isn't a county ground. And then there's the problem that the opposition might go to the wrong pitch, eh Deel Rover?!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

sans pessimism

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 10, 2011, 10:49:18 AM

yeah and we won one at home as well an unreal day . Thats why i could not understand why ballintubber were  playing in mc hale park ,do you no longer play your games at home any more does it allways have to go to the county grounds

Ballina, Crossmolina and Charlestown have all played Connacht Club championship games on their home ground in the last ten years because those three venues are designated county ground, can host NFL games etc. At least they were unless something changed in recent years.
Ballintubber's home ground, Clogher, isn't a county ground. And then there's the problem that the opposition might go to the wrong pitch, eh Deel Rover?!
;) ;D
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 10, 2011, 10:49:18 AM

:D It depends what pitch they were sent to by the fixtures committee  R&g ;) ;D   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ross4life

For those that can't make it, St. Brigid's vs Corofin will be live on TG4 this Sunday (2pm throw in)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

emmetryan

Got my transport sorted. Is there a game before it or is it the senior final standalone?
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

ross4life

Stand alone i understand & i'm hearing the Connacht HQ won't allow St. Brigids to open the club house bar until after the match.

Anyways best of luck to St Brigid's the winners will play the London champions (away) in December.

Syferus

Good and, relatively speaking, warm weather around the area today and the prospects are good for tommorow. There's something sadly ironic about the fact mid-November club Connacht final will have significantly better conditions than the July Connacht final.

galwayman

The ref is doing his best to ruin the game.handing out yellows all sides.
Very pernickety

spuds

Perfect day for football in Kiltoom, good open game. Ref being very fussy throwing out yellow cards for some tackles that don't even deserve a free.
21 mins gone,   Brigids 0-3  0-5 Corofin

Ref losing the plot now, ruining a good game giving frees for absolutely nothing. Last 3 against Corofin

29 mins gone,  Brigids 0-4  0-6 Corofin

Some nice passages of play when that t*t Duffy stops trying to take all the attention. Goal disallowed to Corofin, seems harsh.

30mins +2...now HT, Lundy point  Brigids 0-4   0-7  Corofin

Corofin could have been a few more ahead at halftime. Corofin midfielder Burke through and hopped ball, chance went, ended up getting a point from that move. Goal disallowed also. Brigids will be happy enough to be only 3 down. Pity that Marty Duffy officiating, he really is consistently awful. A junior B ref if ever I saw one. Plenty of football being played and he might have now to give a second yellow in second half after his overly fussy yellows.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Tubberman

Goal should have stood, wasn't a square ball and he climbed above the defender, don't think he fouled him.
Brigids look very flat.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."