The New Big Two - Cork and Dublin

Started by Orangemac, September 20, 2011, 10:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

With Dublin making the breakthrough this year with a relatively young teaam and U21 champions last year and Cork stung by their collapse this year and with players to come back from injury chomping at the bit, are we about to see a new rivalry in football?

Tyrone and Kerry will still be there or thereabouts but both will lose at least a few players who have multiple AI winners medals and will not be easily replaced and some that stay on will have too many miles on the clock. Dark horses will be Kildare and Donegal who with the right changes could go closer next year.

Either way with 4 different winners in the last 4 years the football championship for all its faults is in good shape.

nrico2006

There is only one All Ireland winner each year, this talk of a big two or three is futile.  Dublin are a good side but are nowhere near a great one, be interesting to see how they fare next year.  Alot of the Cork team are pushing on too, and who knows if the like of Tomas O'Se, Paul Galvin, Marc O'Se, Tom O'Sullivan, Aidan O'Mahony will return.  Tyrone have obviously got the talent in the County and the challenge now is on how best to integrate this talent into the senior side.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

Everyone knows the new big two are Kildare and Dublin..
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross matt

Lots more left in Cork. Tired and disinterested this year for some reason. They have the talent and panel plus now the hunger to come back and win it next year.

muppet

Ok you have sorted the Big 2 question.

Now answer the following:

Big 3
Big 4
Big 5
Big 6

and so on.
MWWSI 2017

Blowitupref

I don't think there's a big two in football as you said above 4 different winners in the last 4 years shows that however in Hurling we have a big two for sure.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mannix

Quote from: ross matt on September 21, 2011, 11:16:45 AM
Lots more left in Cork. Tired and disinterested this year for some reason. They have the talent and panel plus now the hunger to come back and win it next year.

Never that simple, kerry thought they had the hunger last year and this year and Dublin thought they had it in 1996 and every year since.
Next year is wide open already, Kerry are on the slide, others are rising and cork are not exactly kerry.

bennydorano

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 21, 2011, 09:05:22 AM
There is only one All Ireland winner each year, this talk of a big two or three is futile.  Dublin are a good side but are nowhere near a great one, be interesting to see how they fare next year.  Alot of the Cork team are pushing on too, and who knows if the like of Tomas O'Se, Paul Galvin, Marc O'Se, Tom O'Sullivan, Aidan O'Mahony will return.  Tyrone have obviously got the talent in the County and the challenge now is on how best to integrate this talent into the senior side.   
Tyrone are in for a painful realisation as to whats required in their rebuilding, the older players hanging around, while broady welcomed internally will only prolong the pain. 

spuds

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-football/all-ireland-sfc
Outright Betting    
All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2012
Kerry          5/2
Dublin       11/4
Cork               4/1
Kildare      14/1
Donegal           14/1
Tyrone       16/1
Mayo              20/1
Galway      25/1
Meath      33/1
Down      40/1
Derry              40/1
Armagh      50/1
Monaghan           66/1
Wexford           66/1
Roscommon   66/1
Tipperary           80/1
Laois              80/1
Sligo            125/1
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

armaghniac

Ladbrokes

Kerry    11/4
Cork    3/1
Dublin    10/3
Tyrone    12/1
Kildare    12/1
Donegal    16/1
Mayo    22/1
Galway    33/1
Meath    33/1
Derry    33/1
Down    33/1
Armagh    33/1
Monaghan    50/1
Laois    50/1
Wexford    150/1
Sligo    150/1
Roscommon    150/1
Limerick    150/1
Longford    200/1
Offaly    200/1
Westmeath    200/1
Tipperary    200/1
Antrim    250/1
Cavan    250/1
Louth    250/1
Wicklow    250/1
London    500/1
Fermanagh    1000/1
Leitrim    1000/1
Clare    1000/1
Waterford    1000/1
Carlow    1000/1
New York    5000/1
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ludraman

i've herd of de big tree but never the big two.

Sam2011

Mayo and Cork will be the big two in 2012!!!!!!!!!!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 21, 2011, 06:06:05 PM
I don't think there's a big two in football as you said above 4 different winners in the last 4 years shows that however in Hurling we have a big two for sure.

Only the 'Big 3' in hurling have won an All-Ireland since 1998. Hopefully that will change soon.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Orangemac

Quote from: spuds on September 21, 2011, 06:34:56 PM
http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-football/all-ireland-sfc
Outright Betting    
All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2012
Kerry          5/2
Dublin       11/4
Cork               4/1
Kildare      14/1
Donegal           14/1
Tyrone       16/1
Must be a while since Tyrone were such long odds in the betting. I'm sure all Tyrone supporters have been lumping on with their life savings!