screenexile

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 04, 2011, 02:51:03 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 04, 2011, 02:38:39 PM
International Rules - YAWN
Anthony Tohill - YAWN
Stephen Cluxton - YAWN
Shit Ozzy Team - YAWN
Attendance - YAWN

Who really cares - should the GAA not be putting money to better use? Possibly using it for iniatives to find work for GAA players are being forced to emigrate en mass??

The money to pay for the Australian adventure comes from the revenue generated during the home series.

How would such money be put to better use if it doesn't exist in the first place?

I genuinely have no idea what your second question means??

Wally.

When I saw the original post I was going to do something similar SS2... I wholeheartedly agree!

Rossfan

Anthony Tohill - YAWN
Stephen Cluxton - YAWN
Shit Ozzy Team - YAWN
Attendance - YAWN

Who really cares -
You obviously do when you went to the trouble of posting on this.
Another typical backwoodsmaneejit  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

fearglasmor

Quote from: hardstation on November 04, 2011, 03:45:45 PM
The International Rules matches have been shown on TG4 on a Friday morning. If you didn't want to watch it, it is easily avoided. Why do people think it should be scrapped? Do these people think Road Bowls should be scrapped? Or Hollyoaks or anything else that I don't watch?

I think it should be scrapped because I think it adds nothing to the GAA except for the elite of the elite footballers and a few officials who can indulge their fantasies of representing Ireland in an international sport.

I dont care what happens to road bowls but at least it is a genuine sport in its own right played more than once a year under makey uppy rules.

I didnt watch or care about this years game but as a paid up and participating member of the GAA I am entitled to have an oppinion on GAA matters.
Neither would I consider my oppinions are those of a backwoodsmaneejit.

I think the AFL are far more interested in promoting their own game internationally and I believe the GAA would do better to concentrate resources on their own games at home and internationally also. Its not as if we dont have any problems to resolve.

Hardy

Hollyoaks? Definitely. I mean, what is it for?

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on November 04, 2011, 04:08:28 PM
Hollyoaks? Definitely. I mean, what is it for?

Kitchen portables.
MWWSI 2017

donegal_abu

When & why was Michael Murphy sent off ? I missed him being sent off  ??? But I have it recorded and want to se..

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 04, 2011, 02:51:03 PM
Anthony Tohill - YAWN
Stephen Cluxton - YAWN
Shit Ozzy Team - YAWN
Attendance - YAWN

Who really cares - should the GAA not be putting money to better use? Possibly using it for iniatives to find work for GAA players are being forced to emigrate en mass??

The money to pay for the Australian adventure comes from the revenue generated during the home series.

How would such money be put to better use if it doesn't exist in the first place?

I genuinely have no idea what your second question means??

Wally.

If they were aware Tohill Cluxton et al where going to impose a media ban on the irish media out there and the expected attendance this series should have been scrapped and then use the funds that have accumulated from it to better use in the GAA.
Take your good club footballer possibly a decent county footballer but not good enough to make the international rules team. Say he's under pressure from county and club to stay at home to play ball but can't get work. (There are plenty out there)
What this type of man think of the money being used on a 60 man party (i mean that in every sense) to australia when he's watching it on a friday morning because he has no work to go to!!!

As for Tohill/Cluxton they are boring bastids anyway - just a pity they wouldn't let some one with a persnonalty in the irish squad to speak to media!

eddie d

Just read an article in the IN about Cooney having to defend the appointment of Kieran McGeeney to the Standing Rules Committee(?) even though Cooney is against outside managers,

Some journalists must be clueless as these topics,IMO are completely different.

donegal abu, Don't know about Murphy, but the ref was useless, sent a couple of irish players to the sin bin, when replay showed they done nothing wrong.

Agent Orange

Quote from: eddie d on November 04, 2011, 04:50:12 PM
donegal abu, Don't know about Murphy, but the ref was useless, sent a couple of irish players to the sin bin, when replay showed they done nothing wrong.

The Aussie refs have always been very biased, where as our refs seem slightly more balanced.

donegal_abu

Quote from: Agent Orange on November 04, 2011, 05:01:02 PM
Quote from: eddie d on November 04, 2011, 04:50:12 PM

The Aussie refs have always been very biased, where as our refs seem slightly more balanced.

If anyone knows let me know.. I just want to see did he actually do anything ?
Agent orange your right about the refs .. uselss  >:( Shur McKeever being send off was a complete joke.. the Aussie tried to tackle him and banged into him ... reminds me of Michael Murphy being sent of when we played Cavan this year.. the cavan lad just bounced off Murphy :D

ck

Leighton Glynn was the player for the series for me. Simply sensational!!

Jonah

Quote from: ck on November 04, 2011, 05:10:52 PM

Great player!

ck

Quote from: Jonah on November 04, 2011, 05:14:24 PM

Great player!

What county man is he? I had never heard of him till the first game. He was everywhere. I wouldnt be surprised if teh ozzies were not after him, might be too small though?

ross4life

Quote from: ck on November 04, 2011, 05:37:30 PM

Great player!

What county man is he? I had never heard of him till the first game. He was everywhere. I wouldnt be surprised if teh ozzies were not after him, might be too small though?

As a Sligo man you should know what county he's from as he played many times v your lot.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross matt

Quote from: ck on November 04, 2011, 05:37:30 PM

Great player!

You're serious? You never heard of Leighton Glynn before last week?