BennyCake

Quote from: skeog on October 28, 2011, 07:06:49 PM
mayo man what i do know its a joke game been talked up by certain people

Don't watch it then.

trileacman

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 28, 2011, 06:45:42 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 28, 2011, 06:44:33 PM
Quote from: skeog on October 28, 2011, 06:29:45 PM
what a load of crap its a jolly for the suits and the players tell it as it is get real anthony aussies were a load of young schoolboys could the money not be spent helping some of our unemployed players martin mc guinness could learn them as he was giving most of his salary if he was president to 6 unemployed people

Clearly you don't know about capital letters or full stops.

Or the fact that politics and sport should be distinguished at times.

Out of interest, what's the exception?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Watched a bit of the game this morning. Well done the Irish but in a country were junkets are received with such derision, how is this one still fathomed? I can't help but think that the GAA would be better served than the lads staying with their clubs and get things wrapped up rather than some young fella break a leg on a wet or frozen pitch in december.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 28, 2011, 04:51:41 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 28, 2011, 04:43:46 PM
Any news of Emmet Bolton?

Suffering from concussion but no permanent damage thankfully.

That's good to hear. I don't want to be a Jeremiah but I truly fear someone is going to be badly injured sooner or later at this carry on. I know this was an accidental clash, but again it's an example of a situation that doesn't arise in gaelic football - two players diving on the ball. Our players are not trained or prepared for it.

It was also sickening to see the Aussies high-fiving their player who was involved, prseumably in celebration of the fact that an opponent was lying prone having his neck checked to see if it was broken.

bennydorano

The 2nd test will tell us if there's a future to be had, you'd like to think that the Aussies - redneck jocks that they are, will come out with all guns blazing next time out, they were pretty much bullied today on top of being hammered.  Shite and all that it was thought Pearse (or was it Finian) Hanley was the stand-out (#9?) player.

At least we tried to even it out a bit by playing Brendan Murphy(#22?) in hob-nailed boots.

ONeill

They should play the oval ball second leg and maybe remove the mark.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carbery

Quote from: Jinxy on October 28, 2011, 02:45:10 PM
A cube-shaped ball would be a good compromise.

Or even a Square Ball.  :D :D :D

yellowcard

23,000 at todays game in the AFL mad city of Melbourne and I'd say at least half of those in attendance were irish. There will be far less at the next game with the series being dead and with it being played in the Gold Coast were far less Irish are resident and the interest in AFL is lesser. this hybrid game could well be dead.

ONeill

On second viewing, I feel I was a bit harsh on the Aussie team. Ireland (Tohill) got it right. He picked a big, strong and more skilful side. Those Aussies, albeit not their best, are still professional athletes and the Irish trounced them in skills that had little to do with the shape of the ball.

Well done to the Swatragh man.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tubberman

Quote from: bennydorano on October 28, 2011, 09:13:51 PM
The 2nd test will tell us if there's a future to be had, you'd like to think that the Aussies - redneck jocks that they are, will come out with all guns blazing next time out, they were pretty much bullied today on top of being hammered.  Shite and all that it was thought Pearse (or was it Finian) Hanley was the stand-out (#9?) player.

At least we tried to even it out a bit by playing Brendan Murphy(#22?) in hob-nailed boots.

Pearse Hanley from Mayo. He's massively bulked up now on top of his skill and engine that he had even as a minor.
Well able to give and take the hits, and has the speed to escape them.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Quote from: Tubberman on October 28, 2011, 10:42:46 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 28, 2011, 09:13:51 PM

Pearse Hanley from Mayo Ballaghadereen Co. Roscommon ( stick to the facts me man ) He's massively bulked up now on top of his skill and engine that he had even as a minor.
Well able to give and take the hits, and has the speed to escape them.
fixed. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stephenite

What was that young fella from Meath at? Typical boorish, thuggish attitude.

Man Marker

I though Michael Murphy was class, everything he was touched was brilliant, such ability and strenght. I was watching sky plus and about 2 minutes before the end of the game, Murphy flattens an Aussie in a tackle along the sideline beside Tohill, I pissed myself laughing at Tohills reaction, anyone see it?

Jinxy

Quote from: stephenite on October 29, 2011, 12:10:59 AM

It's called 'having a pair of balls'.
Wouldn't expect a Mayo man to understand.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

stephenite

Quote from: Jinxy on October 29, 2011, 01:05:16 AM
Quote from: stephenite on October 29, 2011, 12:10:59 AM

It's called 'having a pair of balls'.
Wouldn't expect a Mayo man to understand.

Acting like a tr**p does not equate to having a pair of balls, regardless of where you're from. The game was won easily and the deliberate goading of an opposition does not reflect well on any of us.

The whining that will inevitably ensue when said opposition decide to bite back will be embarrassing enough.