International Rules 2011

Started by brianboru00, September 20, 2011, 11:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Biff

Compromise -- and egg-shaped ball.  Round on one side, oval on the other.  Then neither side can claim that advantage.   ;D
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

nrico2006

Quote from: Jinxy on October 28, 2011, 03:37:50 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 28, 2011, 03:07:20 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on October 28, 2011, 02:45:10 PM
A cube-shaped ball would be a good compromise.

A compromise should be something that is equally adaptable for each team.  The use of the football severely favours the Irish team.  As I mentioned, an Irish team would be lucky to get a few scores if the Aussie ball was used.

Who cares.

Hardly anybody by the looks of the attendance at the game.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossfan

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 28, 2011, 03:09:01 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 28, 2011, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 28, 2011, 02:51:51 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 28, 2011, 12:31:07 PM
Didnt get to see it . Looking forward to watching on TG4 at 5 or so.
Good to hear that we were kick passing the ball .
Let's hope that spreads to our game and get rid of that fcukin skill less basketball sh*** that most teams waste their time at.
this type of comment grinds my gears
sure why dont we just give them all sticks and make the ball smaller?
i'm neither  fan of handpassing or foot passing in particular. I would just rather watch a team that tries to keep possession and that whose players make the right decision as to what pass is on, rtaher than just lumping it up the feild.
the game has moved on from being one of ball propulsion to one of ball retention and the skill level of gaelic football is far better for it.

Obviously a fan of the handpassing sh1te  ::)
Name of our game is Gaelic FOOTBALL.
The sooner most of our players primarily kick the ball the better.
If I want to look at a load of lads passing/throwing a ball sideways and backwards I'll look at the Rugby League on Sky.
Anyway a kicked ball travels faster than throwball and as Dublin showed the way to win games is quick kicking to mobile forwards.
I never claimed to be a fan of "lumping".
I referred to the fact that the Irish team today did a lot of kick passing and was hoping that htis was the way our game would go rather than the handball stuff.
If Gaelic football is now a retention game then we need a rugby type tackle to allow defenders some chance of fair play.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J OGorman

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 28, 2011, 03:07:20 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on October 28, 2011, 02:45:10 PM
A cube-shaped ball would be a good compromise.

A compromise should be something that is equally adaptable for each team.  The use of the football severely favours the Irish team.  As I mentioned, an Irish team would be lucky to get a few scores if the Aussie ball was used.

being an elite full time athlete severely favours the Australians. And how would an Irish team be lucky to get a few scores using a Rules football? Would be more difficult, but Im sure top class county players would get fairly used to it. Its an inflated ball, not a squirrel 

BennyCake

Note to Jim McGuinness: play Michael Murphy at full forward next year and Donegal will be All Ireland champions. That lad is brilliant. Build the team around him.

Hardy

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on October 28, 2011, 04:43:46 PM
Any news of Emmet Bolton?

Suffering from concussion but no permanent damage thankfully.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

NP 76

I actually thought some of the kick passing from the Ireland team was desperate . Over hit passes balls out over the sidelines, messing about at the back putting players under pressure . They only got scores when they moved the ball in quick to the forwards the way it should be done at home in our own games . At one stage Mc Gee got the ball and had to wait to deliver a short hand pass he looked like he didnt know how to kick it

ross4life

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 28, 2011, 11:46:21 AM
Very poor attendance today,doesn't look like the Aussies are too bothered about this craic.

Yeah very poor very little interest & after todays beating the attendance for the 2nd test will be less than today.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jinxy

So can we finally draw a line under this fiasco?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on October 28, 2011, 05:26:42 PM
So can we finally draw a line under this fiasco?

Nope.

Is the ball they play with a proper size 5 O'Neills football ?.

skeog

what a load of crap its a jolly for the suits and the players tell it as it is get real anthony aussies were a load of young schoolboys could the money not be spent helping some of our unemployed players martin mc guinness could learn them as he was giving most of his salary if he was president to 6 unemployed people

Farrandeelin

Quote from: skeog on October 28, 2011, 06:29:45 PM
what a load of crap its a jolly for the suits and the players tell it as it is get real anthony aussies were a load of young schoolboys could the money not be spent helping some of our unemployed players martin mc guinness could learn them as he was giving most of his salary if he was president to 6 unemployed people

Clearly you don't know about capital letters or full stops.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 28, 2011, 06:44:33 PM
Quote from: skeog on October 28, 2011, 06:29:45 PM

Clearly you don't know about capital letters or full stops.

Or the fact that politics and sport should be distinguished at times.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

skeog

mayo man what i do know its a joke game been talked up by certain people