US Open 2011 16th-19th June at Congressional Country Club

Started by Groucho, June 09, 2011, 12:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Ah - I no longer lip read Norn Iron. I could tell you at 100 paces what GMAC was saying tho.

Denn Forever

Freaky how little hes changed.  UTV will make a fortune selling that clip!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

leaveherinsir

Well done to McIlroy, didnt watch it, but he obviously played some outstanding golf. I would have had my doubts about him winning a major this early in his career, but obvously i know fcuk all about golf then :D.
Anyway you would have to think he is going to figure very strongly over the next few years, and as someone said earlier it would be great to see him and an on song Tiger going head to head on the back nine of a major.
Lastly amatuer golf is an all ireland sport, but obviously the pros can declare to play for N.Ireland, but at the end of the day who really gives a flyin fcuk.

Orior

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 20, 2011, 11:39:56 PM
Check this out

If ever you get to play Ardglass golf course, there's a fair chance you'll see Gerry Kelly propping up the bar afterwards.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gallsman

Some of the talk on this thread is embarrassing.

From what I know of him, McIloy is a likable, down to earth, all round nice guy. He appears to like nothing better than coming home and hanging out with his mates in the Belfast spots any other 22 year old would go to. Who gives a toss about his politics or allegiance?

Sligonian, I remember you had a problem with Marty Clarke writing NI for "Northern Ireland" on his arm during his Collingwood tenure so forgive me if I, or anybody else, cares a damn what you think.

Eire2010

Quote from: gallsman on June 21, 2011, 12:06:27 AM

From what I know of him, McIloy is a likable, down to earth, all round nice guy. He appears to like nothing better than coming home and hanging out with his mates in the Belfast spots any other 22 year old would go to. Who gives a toss about his politics or allegiance?

Sligonian, I remember you had a problem with Marty Clarke writing NI for "Northern Ireland" on his arm during his Collingwood tenure so forgive me if I, or anybody else, cares a damn what you think.

+1

Orior

Quote from: Eire2010 on June 21, 2011, 12:21:59 AM
Quote from: gallsman on June 21, 2011, 12:06:27 AM

+1

Is that a catholic plus or a protestant plus?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

heganboy

If ever you get to play Ardglass golf course, there's a fair chance you'll see Gerry Kelly propping up the bar afterwards.

Ardglass would put the fear of God into you. beautiful and terrible golf course all at the same time.

And fair enough was chatting to Mr Kelly in the bar after the last time I played!
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

deiseach

Fair play to him for saying he'll play in the Irish Open this year. Could be the salvation of the tournament

isourboydownyet

havent been on the board since rorys win and just came onto this thread to read some of the post and by f**k theres some sad pricks on here,how in under god can people not grow up and stop bringing politics in to everything,rory wants to represent everyone and offend no one.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: isourboydownyet on June 21, 2011, 09:12:14 AM
havent been on the board since rorys win and just came onto this thread to read some of the post and by f**k theres some sad pricks on here,how in under god can people not grow up and stop bringing politics in to everything,rory wants to represent everyone and offend no one.
Same as GMac. I think it was Tubridy brought it up last year in an interview on The Late Late and he refused to be drawn on it. They don't label themselves so it's down to others to do it - British, Irish, Northern Irish, all 3, it doesn't matter?

isourboydownyet

Rory is a sports profession first and foremost and it's pretty clear he has no interest politics and wants to stay clear of any controversy and in by doing that  people still go out of there way to be offended,if a protestant sporting star avoided the union jack boys would be on here saying that there a great fella,the whole flag thing just winds me up.

HiMucker

Quote from: isourboydownyet on June 21, 2011, 09:52:35 AM
Rory is a sports profession first and foremost and it's pretty clear he has no interest politics and wants to stay clear of any controversy and in by doing that  people still go out of there way to be offended,if a protestant sporting star avoided the union jack boys would be on here saying that there a great fella,the whole flag thing just winds me up.
Does he support Celtic or Rangers????   Politics should be as far removed from sport as possible.  This should apply even more so to individual sport like golf, boxing etc.
I had lecturer at coleraine for sports studies,(who was protestant) a member of the portrush royal, who refused to go the annual dinner dance because they played GSTQ, for the very reason that he felt politics should be kept out of sport.

Olaf

Quote from: isourboydownyet on June 21, 2011, 09:12:14 AM

First and foremost Rory McIlroy is a credit to his himself and his folks. Over the last two months he has treated  disaster and triumph (in that order) both the same.... with perspectve , grace and humility.

Secondly , he is a phenomenal golfer.

Those are two aspects of his character that are most  important .