31 counties supporting Dublin??

Started by BennyCake, September 13, 2011, 12:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

I read an interview with ex-Dublin manager Tommy Lyons in today's papers, and he stated that 31 counties will be behind the Dubs on Sunday.

So, everyone from outside Kerry and Dublin...who will you be supporting on Sunday?...

I'm with Kerry.

4father

screenexile

I'm with Kerry also ... I don't like this 6am training, horsing supplements and hitting the gym mentality that will prevail should the Dubs win.

I think that Kerry have the better footballers and they will win. Regardless of the fact KM thinks all of Nordieland are against them!

4father

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I'm hoping that Kerry decide that they are sick of winning Sam and let Mayo play instead.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

spuds

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 13, 2011, 01:11:13 AM
I'm hoping that Kerry decide that they are sick of winning Sam and let Mayo play instead.
Like way FG got into office
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Zulu

Quote from: screenexile on September 13, 2011, 12:38:09 AM
I'm with Kerry also ... I don't like this 6am training, horsing supplements and hitting the gym mentality that will prevail should the Dubs win.

I think that Kerry have the better footballers and they will win. Regardless of the fact KM thinks all of Nordieland are against them!

So you don't like the idea of teams training then screen?

I'm with the dubs as are most people I've spoken to.

Dinny Breen

The majority that I have talked to in Kildare are all behind Dublin..

Up the Dubs...
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

I'll pass on your feedback Screen but I'm not aware of any Dublin players taking supplements since the panel dabbled with Creatine around 2002 and I'd wager most counties do far more gym work than Dublin.

Dublin have continued to train at 6.30am throughout the year on alternate weeks (as did the Hurlers) as it suited the players to be finished training in the morning.

mc_grens

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 13, 2011, 08:03:52 AM
The majority that I have talked to in Kildare are all behind Dublin..

Up the Dubs...

In fairness Dinny most of them are probably Dubs!

The fella beside me in work just told me he got two tickets last night- hasn't been to a GAA match of any description in the 5 years I've known him. That sort of shite'd turn ye off Dublin. Another bird is saying she can't get tickets to take her son and it's a disgrace- she never gives over about how much she hates the GAA on the tv every Sunday, and her son is Man Utd crackers!

Rather than listen to bandwagon jumpers like them on Monday morning I'll take a Kerry win, thanks.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: spuds on September 13, 2011, 02:25:35 AM
Like way FG got into office

Yes, and based on your analogy, Mayo can expect to become super popular and rule the roost for the foreeable future. Kerry will find themselves 7 months later in a Tallaght Hotel telling people how they want to disassociate themselves from Brussels GAA. 6 county teams will continue to make their life hell as they surpass them in the pecking order.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

brokencrossbar1

I'm sure Dublin would prfer that too!  :D

Personaly would prefer to see Kerry win. I prefer their style of football and believe they have a more natural flow about how they play the game. Also the whole "the GAA needs a Dubline win" shit sickens my hole so I'd love to see it shoved down the hacks throats!

Billys Boots

Personally I'm not fussed (who wins), but not disinterested either.  Never thought I'd hear myself saying that with Dublin playing.   :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Quote from: Zulu on September 13, 2011, 08:03:40 AM

So you don't like the idea of teams training then screen?

I'm with the dubs as are most people I've spoken to.

Nothing to do with teams training. I very much believe in the amateur ethos of the game and I just think things have gotten carried away recently. Lads have to train for Dublin first thing in the morning, go to work then come home and train for Dublin some more. The days they aren't collectively training they're probably expected to do a gym session as well.

You have to be kidding me about the Dublin team taking supplements also. Most half decent Club teams are at it and the shape those lads are in there is no way they are not taking supplements and heavily watching what they eat.

I'm worried that the fun is being sucked out of the game with this sort of craic. I don't see how that can be enjoyable at all. I would hate to see Club teams start going down that route and lads losing huge chunks of their lives for a championship that only one team a year can win.

Just an opinion really and I'm sure many disagree with it but that's the reason why I would like Kerry to win.

ballinaman

Up the Dubs. Arrogance of the yerra crowd is starting the grate.