Author Topic: Android Phone  (Read 27361 times)

JoG2

• View Profile
Re: Android Phone
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2018, 09:48:12 PM »
Got a Galaxy S9 the other day. Already starting to notice a few scratches appearing on the screen. Anyone recommend a decent case, and screen protector.  There are dozens online with varying reviews. Don't mind spending a bit to get a good one as I'm going through 2 phones a year from breaking them so be cheaper now just get a good case and screen protector than have to replace phone in a few months.

Otterbox defender, you're only man. Have had 5 for 5 different Samsungs down the years.

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2018, 09:58:45 PM »
Got a Galaxy S9 the other day. Already starting to notice a few scratches appearing on the screen. Anyone recommend a decent case, and screen protector.  There are dozens online with varying reviews. Don't mind spending a bit to get a good one as I'm going through 2 phones a year from breaking them so be cheaper now just get a good case and screen protector than have to replace phone in a few months.

Otterbox defender, you're only man. Have had 5 for 5 different Samsungs down the years.
Cheers will take a look
Joe Mcdonagh Champions 2019

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2018, 10:07:58 PM »
Laoislad, is there no pre installed factory screen protector on the phone? Most phones ship with one these days and I'd be surprised if they were scratches on the screen rather then the protector.

Tempered glass protectors the ones to buy.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2018, 10:15:43 PM »
Nothing preinstalled on screen from what I can see.Scratches are on the screen alright. I'm always shoving screwdrivers and whatnot into my pocket and forgetting my phone is there.  They aren't bad yet really but it be nice to have a phone longer than 6 months so time for a case, don't like having one on the phone but needs must.
Joe Mcdonagh Champions 2019

PMG1

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2018, 11:31:11 PM »
Changing phone for work, is the iPhone X a good option? I am not paying for it as such so getting a free bat but want to make sure itís decent

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2018, 11:47:56 PM »
Nothing preinstalled on screen from what I can see.Scratches are on the screen alright. I'm always shoving screwdrivers and whatnot into my pocket and forgetting my phone is there.  They aren't bad yet really but it be nice to have a phone longer than 6 months so time for a case, don't like having one on the phone but needs must.

If that's the kind of treatment you're going to be subjecting it do, an otterbox case as suggested by JoG2 definitely worth it.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 20, 2018, 08:13:11 AM »
Changing phone for work, is the iPhone X a good option? I am not paying for it as such so getting a free bat but want to make sure itís decent

While you will get the usual Apple haters have to say I swear by them.
The only negative is the fecking updates.
Have the IPhone X and it is a great job - would be a no brainer if it is free

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2018, 09:06:03 AM »
Have had the OnePlus 6T for a day or now and absolutely love it. The battery life on it is class.

take_yer_points

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2019, 08:08:34 PM »
Any recommendations for an android phone around £150. Father in law is after one, will be used for a bit of browsing, skygo and maybe casting the likes of Netflix and TeaTv/Terrarium, etc...

I've a OnePlus 5T and recommended it but he doesn't want to go to that price range. I saw a OnePlus 5 at £200 which he might go to - anyone had a 5? I'm assuming there isn't much difference in the 5 and the 5T?

Any other recommendations?

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2019, 09:17:12 PM »
Any recommendations for an android phone around £150. Father in law is after one, will be used for a bit of browsing, skygo and maybe casting the likes of Netflix and TeaTv/Terrarium, etc...

I've a OnePlus 5T and recommended it but he doesn't want to go to that price range. I saw a OnePlus 5 at £200 which he might go to - anyone had a 5? I'm assuming there isn't much difference in the 5 and the 5T?

Any other recommendations?

Moto G6 or G7
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8492964
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2019, 10:00:52 PM »
Pocophone F1, secondhand?

Don't buy Motorola, Lenovo are shite for issuing updates.

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2019, 10:33:06 PM »
Have had the OnePlus 6T for a day or now and absolutely love it. The battery life on it is class.

Can't beat them. The one plus 7 pro is phenomenal

general

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2019, 11:05:48 PM »
Look at the Huaweis. I have a P30. Absolutely the best phone I've ever had. Used apple and Samsung b4

Brick Tamlin

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2019, 08:48:28 AM »
General tell me more...im at a crossroads myself with an upgrade due. Had considered the Huawei P30 but is there not some issue with being able to use google on it or is it not restricted in some way..ive always had samsung and loved the simplicity of it, drag n drop music and photo files etc.
Its either a Samsung Galaxy 10 or the P30....any info welcome.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2019, 09:34:48 AM »
No issue with Google on it.  There was a bit of a scare going round but Mr Trump and China came to a trade agreement i believe.