No hype about Dublin

Started by Mike Sheehy, September 10, 2011, 06:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Fair dues. They have been very low key. Doing everything right. I don't think they are enjoying it very much but I suppose they won't care if they win.

What is different about this generation of Dubs that allows them to keep a lid on things so well ?

Hill16 Blues

It's quietly building but not like previous years. Then again it's such a bloody long time since we got to the final. And there's been a lot of pain since the last one!

In last 9/10 years Dublin have had 4 semi final defeats and 5 quarter final defeats including absolute trouncing in 2009 by Kerry.

There's a lot of hope now rather than expectation. It's expectation that drives hype! As Gilroy said we're just happy to be in the final. Dublin will however go hell for leather to win AIF. And if they do.....................!!!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

snoopdog

You would be hard pushed to see a Dublin flag flying outta a house. southside anyhow.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: snoopdog on September 10, 2011, 09:18:30 PM
You would be hard pushed to see a Dublin flag flying outta a house. southside anyhow.

Same goes for the Northside. I have never seen things so low-key before. Even the schoolkids are not getting in on the act.
You'll see loads of them messing about with hurleys and sliotars alright but I have yet to see a few boys wearing Dub jersieys and kicking a football. Other times in the past when Dublin was in AIs, you'd be concerned for your windows for weeks past. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jinxy

I have a friend from Dublin that reckons they'll lose by 6 points.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

4father

ONeill

Quote from: Jinxy on September 10, 2011, 10:26:11 PM
I have a friend from Dublin that reckons they'll lose by 6 points.

That's just bollocks. A friend in Dublin?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

There's one flying in Umgola in Armagh.

4father

There's one flying in Gransha Green, West Belfast

mannix

I think that Kerry can be hyped beyond all belief and still blow the opposition away. Dublin will be lucky to be within 10 points. I hope I am wrong.

4father

I hope you are right because Mr Ladbroke will owe me some doe!!

Hardy

Hound

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 10, 2011, 10:24:57 PM

Same goes for the Northside. I have never seen things so low-key before. Even the schoolkids are not getting in on the act.
You'll see loads of them messing about with hurleys and sliotars alright but I have yet to see a few boys wearing Dub jersieys and kicking a football. Other times in the past when Dublin was in AIs, you'd be concerned for your windows for weeks past. ;D

Lots of bunting and flags in the north county. More than I ever remember so that's great to see.
Still no feckin ticket...