Masterchef Ireland

Started by Mayo4Sam, September 08, 2011, 10:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on September 28, 2011, 01:08:58 PM
All my own work boss, a couple of top secret ingredients too  ;)

Agree with LL your man from the Shelbourne was an absolute arse, how would you resist the temption to deck the cnut?

Isn't that sweet and a rarity.  ;D

I'll be for a taste of this Chilli some night, just having a wee pot of Unlcle Bens Chilli now.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on September 28, 2011, 12:34:09 PM
You use Uncle Bens for the Chilli Con carne.

One of them ran a restaurant in Ranelagh called Mint that got a Michelan star. was a tv show on it, it closed now as it was losing a ball of money despite the prices it charged. He has another, more moderately priced restaurant now. He from the North originally.

The other guy is a well know Matre de or whatever the front of house person is called! He has recently opened his own restaurant in Dublin, which is a brave move for someone of his ilk - its normally the chef that people look to, not the head waiter!

Its a great show alright, must be a brutal industry to work in at the highest level.

I thought Dylan McGrath was from Carlow? Sure I heard it somewhere before that he was.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on September 28, 2011, 01:17:54 PM

Agree with LL your man from the Shelbourne was an absolute arse, how would you resist the temption to deck the cnut?

I prefer when he doesn't to be honest !
I see no one agreeing with me about the Scottish minx though... :-\

Bingo

He lived in Carlow till he was 6 and moved to West Belfast then according to wikipedia.

Boycey

Unlike you fucktards I can treat each thread as seperate and not feel obliged to comment along some imaginary party lines from elsewhere.. :P

Brigin is far superior by the way.... ;)

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: laoislad on September 28, 2011, 01:20:47 PM
Quote from: Bingo on September 28, 2011, 01:17:54 PM

I prefer when he doesn't to be honest !
I see no one agreeing with me about the Scottish minx though... :-\

Yeah agreed re Scottish girl. She's grown on me!!

screenexile

Quote from: Bingo on September 28, 2011, 01:22:17 PM
He lived in Carlow till he was 6 and moved to West Belfast then according to wikipedia.

He's a complete tosser!!! He used to be head chef in Jury's Inn Belfast a few years back when my Da used to paint it. A grumpy bollix and minus craic!

Bingo

Quote from: screenexile on September 28, 2011, 02:30:53 PM

He's a complete t**ser!!! He used to be head chef in Jury's Inn Belfast a few years back when my Da used to paint it. A grumpy bollix and minus craic!

He wasn't much craic in fairness on that show about getting his Michelan star, a right tosser in that. Or as some would say a fucktard.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on September 28, 2011, 02:35:23 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 28, 2011, 02:30:53 PM

He's a complete t**ser!!! He used to be head chef in Jury's Inn Belfast a few years back when my Da used to paint it. A grumpy bollix and minus craic!

He wasn't much craic in fairness on that show about getting his Michelan star, a right t**ser in that. Or as some would say a fucktard.

Only fucktards would say fucktard... :)

Mayo4Sam

I'd say it's between the midget, Mary & brigdeen.

Delighted to see the back of that Richard, the nite he started crying cause the other bird forgot to plate up, what a knob.

Actually think Dylan McGrath has come out looking decent enough so far, he's reasonably sound to them esp when u compare him to ur man Conrad Gallagher on whatever his show was called.
Went to rustic stone his new restaurant, lovely food but dear.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tony Baloney

That Bridin seems a horrible cow so nice to see that pastry chef tearing strips off her in the studio. Even though he was a precious ****.

Can't listen to that munchkin speak.

sammymaguire

That very wee architecture student should win, brilliant cook, calm under pressure and a personality to boot.

The two judges do seem like a pair of tw@ts with the odd glimpse of decency... I'd love to see them try that chocolate thing that stood up around the mousse, I bet they'd both fcuk it up themselves
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Boycey

Think they voted off the 2 weakest guys last night but it looked to me as if the set it up for them to fail?

Their tasks were significantly more difficult than any of the others in the restaurant

Bingo

You think? I think it was the opposite and they were given tasks that were a last chance for them to change their destiny. They've been struggling and they were put on tough sections to redeem themselves and pull it out of the fire as such. The deserts didn't have any actual cooking, so should have been quicker. It was a weakness that they had seen in him and it wasn't going to go away unless he had addressed it.....and he hadn't. The other guy just made a balls of a dish that sealed his faith.

I did think it was unfair that they focused in the crack of his arse....they'll hardly do the same for one for the women.  ;D

DoireGael

Corn Beef and Cabbage..... does any one actually eat this?

I did hear a story in the states that it originated from cabbage and bacon but when the Irish landed on the old USA they had to substitute it for Corned beef therefore making it an Irish-American dish.

I would be found of the bacon and cabbage but not exactly michelin star cuisine.

Another thing that annoys me is does Ireland have a cuisine and for an island nation why are we not better at seafood?