Killing Bin Laden

Started by Boycey, September 08, 2011, 11:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Anyone watch this last night??

I'd always be sceptical of the American propaganda machine and they sure wheeled out some heavyweights in this but it was interesting none the less.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Boycey on September 08, 2011, 11:03:14 AM
Anyone watch this last night??

I'd always be sceptical of the American propaganda machine and they sure wheeled out some heavyweights in this but it was interesting none the less.
interesting show, but as you say, hard to know how much american spin was put on it for propaganda purposes and how much of it was the truth.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hashtag

I believed it all up until the point they said that they ordered 20 different pizza's from 10 different pizza establishments. Surly someone would of wanted something other than pizza. Just doesn't add up.

Bingo

I thought it was interesting that they were so many divided opinions on weather it was Obama or not - Obama called it as 50/50. So was a big call.

I was puzzled about the Pizzas as well - surely they have a big canteen and kitchens in the White House.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bingo on September 08, 2011, 12:17:01 PM
I thought it was interesting that they were so many divided opinions on weather it was Obama or not - Obama called it as 50/50. So was a big call.

I was puzzled about the Pizzas as well - surely they have a big canteen and kitchens in the White House.
thats what i though as wel, surely that bit was BS, but why would they include it?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TacadoirArdMhacha

Like most above, I viewed it with interest but a healthy dose of sceptism. Bizarre to imagine a Navy Seal lying down beside Bin Laden to check his height!

And then the claim that they announced the killing to the world before they had DNA confirmation. What in God's name would they have done had the DNA came back showing that it was not a match?!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

tbrick18

I thought they moved very quickly past the part of how they found out about the Kuwati and they didnt really explain how they came to find him. Something about somebody not destroying a sim card...all sounded too vague for me.
I think what it comes down to is that it was pure luck that Bin Laden was there and had he not been there the shit storm for the US with Pakistan would have been something else.
I wouldn't believe much of what the US tell the public that's for sure.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Bingo on September 08, 2011, 12:17:01 PM

I bet the yanks are relieved they didn't break into Bin Ladens den and kill president Obama, seems a bit risky to me that they went in when there was a 50:50 chance the president was going to be there eating Pizza.

Bingo

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 08, 2011, 12:52:25 PM
I thought they moved very quickly past the part of how they found out about the Kuwati and they didnt really explain how they came to find him. Something about somebody not destroying a sim card...all sounded too vague for me.
I think what it comes down to is that it was pure luck that Bin Laden was there and had he not been there the shit storm for the US with Pakistan would have been something else.
I wouldn't believe much of what the US tell the public that's for sure.

Whatever about the lead to him or tip-off been vague, i think they would have more that staisfied themselves that he was there prior to launching the attack, it may have been 50/50 call but doubt luck came into it.

mylestheslasher - Obama has a jedward like bad twin that works for the other side - you not know that?  ;)

Hashtag

They called him.......The Pacer.

ThatsTheFootball

what channel was this on? would like to see a repeat of it, sounds interesting

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ThatsTheFootball on September 08, 2011, 01:15:09 PM

It was on Channel 4 last night. Do they have a "catch-up" facility?

Again with the proviso that it would be unwise to take the entire account at face value, it appeared that they were pretty confident that someone senior in Al Queda was staying there so no doubt they'd have been able to handle the heat from Pakistanis so long as there were no civilian Pakistani casualties (of course had there been, what could Pakistan have done would be another reasonable question?). In any event, it was a massive embarrassment for Pakistan to have Bin Laden safely ensconced in their country,
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ThatsTheFootball on September 08, 2011, 01:15:09 PM
Try www.channel4.com/4od

Hardy

Newsflash: It has emerged that, prior to their claimed assassination of Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan, US military top brass hushed up an embarrassing episode in which a detachment of Navy Seals launched an assault on a White House airing cupboard and destroyed Obama's bed linen.

paco

Repeated at 7.45 tonight on Channel 4 for those who didn't see it.