I thought that was one of the Worst All Ireland Final's Day ever shown by RTE

Started by Maroon Heaven, September 05, 2011, 10:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Why this need to have people pitchside, have cameras on buses etc?

What the feck has that got to do with a game of football or hurling? Why do you want cameras in tunnels? Why do we need to know how people are warming up? Cameras on the heads of the Artane boys?

Feck sake, just watch the game and make a cup of tea in between.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: joemamas on September 05, 2011, 07:32:59 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 05, 2011, 12:01:36 PM
I thought the best moment was when some Lad opened the door of the studio and roared 'come on the cats yeeehhhooooo' after the match. Lyster looked like he thought it was a sniper.

AZ,

Had to think of you while watching the match yesterday, Canning had at least three "huge ones" inside the first five minutes.

Was that a record.

Paddy Power should provide odds on how many times he says it in the first half , second half and have a final score of "huge ones " for the football final.

Just for you Joe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkGR5_gT_L4
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2011, 12:32:43 AM

What the feck has that got to do with a game of football or hurling? Why do you want cameras in tunnels? Why do we need to know how people are warming up? Cameras on the heads of the Artane boys?

Wake up and smell the coffee Grandpa.
It's the year 2011 and the people demand cheerleaders, fireworks and 3D glasses.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

... and not too much defending. In fact, feckit, no defending at all, if possible.

Zulu

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: Jinxy on September 06, 2011, 12:59:09 PM

Wake up and smell the coffee Grandpa.
It's the year 2011 and the people demand cheerleaders, fireworks and 3D glasses.

I just want something Fresh - RTE has not changed its RTE Finals Days coverage in years. Its outdated and for Children no longer has the sense of an occassion as its exactly like any other day's RTE coverage.

Give it what it is - a premium sports final in this country which brings out the best in all people - Sadly not for RTE

joemamas

Quote from: muppet on September 06, 2011, 12:07:05 PM
Quote from: joemamas on September 05, 2011, 07:32:59 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 05, 2011, 12:01:36 PM
I thought the best moment was when some Lad opened the door of the studio and roared 'come on the cats yeeehhhooooo' after the match. Lyster looked like he thought it was a sniper.

AZ,

Had to think of you while watching the match yesterday, Canning had at least three "huge ones" inside the first five minutes.

Was that a record.

Paddy Power should provide odds on how many times he says it in the first half , second half and have a final score of "huge ones " for the football final.

Just for you Joe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkGR5_gT_L4

Thanks,

nice to start the day off with a laugh, and also to dream of the next Macdonald.

HiMucker

ONeill I would be of the same mind as yourself and can sit down and enjoy the all ireland finals without a care in the world for any change of the other stuff for build ups, pundits and post analysis.  But as jinxy said we need to wake up and smell the coffee.  Current format is grand for near all Gaels but does the bare minimum in promoting our sport.  Ill give you an example, I wouldn't really have a notion about motor sport or be a fan of it, but in recent years have found myself watching a fair bit of due to the structure and layout of the program, with the track side previews before the race.  Now if they had the same approach as the GAA into this build up, I wouldn't watch it for a second.

Edit: sorry when I said motor sport and was basically referring to F1

Jinxy

In my opinion, the problems with RTEs GAA coverage are 20% presentation and 80% personnel.
It's all very well to have pitchside interviews, but you do realise it's going to be Marty that's doing them.
Murph on Newstalk does the sideline reporter thing really well and usually grabs someone for a chat straight after the game.
The big difference is that a player or manager talking to one of the Newstalk lads might actually say something interesting.
They wouldn't waste the effort on Marty & Co.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on September 06, 2011, 02:19:15 PM
In my opinion, the problems with RTEs GAA coverage are 20% presentation and 80% personnel.
It's all very well to have pitchside interviews, but you do realise it's going to be Marty that's doing them.
Murph on Newstalk does the sideline reporter thing really well and usually grabs someone for a chat straight after the game.
The big difference is that a player or manager talking to one of the Newstalk lads might actually say something interesting.

I agree with you Jinxy - if we got rid of the current crew and had the Newstalk lads doing pretty much the same format it would be much better. The current coverage looks like a bunch of fellas who've been doing it for far too long.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: HiMucker on September 06, 2011, 01:58:14 PM

ONeill I would be of the same mind as yourself and can sit down and enjoy the all ireland finals without a care in the world for any change of the other stuff for build ups, pundits and post analysis.  But as jinxy said we need to wake up and smell the coffee.  Current format is grand for near all Gaels but does the bare minimum in promoting our sport.  Ill give you an example, I wouldn't really have a notion about motor sport or be a fan of it, but in recent years have found myself watching a fair bit of due to the structure and layout of the program, with the track side previews before the race.  Now if they had the same approach as the GAA into this build up, I wouldn't watch it for a second.

I see the F1 scantily clad ladies ploy works then !

dunno if RTE would be allowed try that. Certianly not with our weather and the prospect of wet t shirt women and the rows that would cause in the homes around Ireland !! :D

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: Jinxy on September 06, 2011, 02:19:15 PM

Big difference is the pressure on RTE to have a Manager stand in front of all the sponsors logo's and also for the Manager to do it as well.

Glad its just not me who thinks RTE are turning out the same stuff which was grand in the 80's but boring and mundane for today's younger audience

Canalman

Didn't see lead up the game but presume there was the usual interviews with the yahoos outside the ground and a chat with some oldtimers pitchside. Great stuff altogether and I would be disappointed to see it changed.

As a very young kid I am almost sure  I saw the tv cameras even got into the winning team's dressing room after the game. Think that it was Mick Dunne who did the interviews.

HiMucker

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 06, 2011, 03:15:59 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on September 06, 2011, 01:58:14 PM

I see the F1 scantily clad ladies ploy works then !

dunno if RTE would be allowed try that. Certianly not with our weather and the prospect of wet t shirt women and the rows that would cause in the homes around Ireland !! :D
Ive been rumbled  :D