Orior

I've up the following chart to grade cleaning category

EventCategory of Clean
10. When I come homeSame mess I left it in
9. My college mate visits I'm told to go hoover
8. Her sister visits Handheld hoover job that I bought her for Christmas
7. A visit from her mother Upstairs and downstairs hoovered
6. A visit from my motherHoover upstairs and downstairs. Kitchen floor mopped
5. Day before cleaning lady comes Hoover upstairs, downstairs and tidy away clothes on floor
4. President/Occupying Queen visit Hoover downstairs
3. Wife's female colleagues Top to bottom root and branch clean
2. First visit of son's girlfriend Deep clean
1. First visit of son's future mother-in-law Deep clinical clean. Floors scrubbed. New towels, soap, toothpaste, blanket for dog's bed. Kitchen and hall mopped. Sofa cushions puffed up. Anyone who sits on the sofa or walks on the kitchen floor or hall floor risks death.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Hardy

Never hoover. Nature abhors a vacuum.

Rois

Got a cleaner a few weeks ago.  Best £20 I spend in a week.  2hrs and the bathrooms are all cleaned, kitchen floor, living room. 

heffo

Quote from: Rois on September 01, 2011, 01:18:47 PM
Got a cleaner a few weeks ago.  Best £20 I spend in a week.  2hrs and the bathrooms are all cleaned, kitchen floor, living room.

Me too. How did my missus live before we got yer one.

thebandit

Me too.... I have an economic argument in favour of it as well -

If you can earn more per hour than you have to pay someone per hour to clean your house, ie you earn €15 per hour and pay €10 per hour

(not even factoring in that they are quicker and better at it than you are),

then you are in fact, saving money! €15-€10 = €5!

laoislad

Can't understand why anyone would hire someone to clean their house. Lazy f**kers the lot of ye if you ask me.
Unless your disabled in someway I don't see why anybody can't clean their own house.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

We have a cleaner who comes once a week and I'd nearly swear the woman tidies up before she comes. I think shes borderline OCD

Bingo

I have a cleaner, she there alot of the time and does a decent job. Costs a fortune though, she goes by the name "wife"*.

* - please lads don't tell her I said that.

Gaffer

Anyone recommend a good vacuum cleaner .

Housekeeper doing my head in looking a new one   Current one's sh1te apparently. 
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

cicfada

I am a house husband again as I am out of work again for the third time in 3 years  :(  so it is my responsibility to keep the place clean!! And to feed the 3 boys, do the school runs and cook for ourselves as well! Hard bloody  work I tell ya,  hopefully I will pick something up soon enough as my head is starting to wreck! As regards the cleaning, I would mop the floors maybe every 2 days, hoover every other day, I don't mind doing the laundry  either but ironing is a killer! Then there are the lawns, painting and general DIY shit! Thereis a toilet leaking right where the pipe coming into the room meets the s bend! I have tried silicone but it is still leaking! All sensible tips are welcome!!

heffo

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2011, 05:20:07 PM
Can't understand why anyone would hire someone to clean their house. Lazy f**kers the lot of ye if you ask me.
Unless your disabled in someway I don't see why anybody can't clean their own house.

If you got involved in your local club St Bernadettes in Neilstown to the extent some of the posters here are involved you might need a cleaner. Far better though to watch Liverpool sitting on your couch than to be involved in the GAA and not need a cleaner.

Minder

Quote from: heffo on September 01, 2011, 10:13:02 PM

If you got involved in your local club St Bernadettes in Neilstown to the extent some of the posters here are involved you might need a cleaner. Far better though to watch Liverpool sitting on your couch than to be involved in the GAA and not need a cleaner.

So if your heavily involved in your local Gaa team you need a cleaner ? ???
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heffo

Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2011, 10:15:52 PM

So if your heavily involved in your local Gaa team you need a cleaner ? ???

Depends on your involvement - if you're with club and county seven nights a week you do.

laoislad

You're a bit of a dick head really aren't you.
My local club is The Harps in Durrow Co.Laois by the way.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.