Previous topic - Next topic

O2 vs Vodafone

O2
18 (72%)
Vodafone
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

men in black

Back home in the North. Need a new phone contract. Who are you with or who would you recommend for the best deal. Good coverage with both at home and will be working all over the place but mostly round Belfast. Would need about 400 Min's in calls and 200 Texts.

brokencrossbar1

Drop a PM to Candyman and he will sort you out,, that's his line of work.

men in black

Would be intersted in who people are with as well seeing O2 do free calls to other O2 customers. Thank you brokencrossbar1 will do that.

Ulick

Have two O2 Simplicity packages with unlimited data bolts-ons, can't complain. Was with Vodafone twice and ended in tears both times, wouldn't go near them again, shifty underhanded cnuts.

gerry

QuoteO2 used to have an Ireland Bolt-On on their website that was only £2 per month extra, but I don't see any sign now
call 2425 from a O2 phone then its

option 2
option 3
option 2

and its free for her to receive calls in Dublin from here
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Candyman

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 30, 2011, 09:40:06 PM
My daughter is moving to Dublin for 8 weeks in the autumn.  She currently has an O2 contract.  What is the best solution for her and us to keep in contact by phone during this time?
[/q)
Use a smartphone, ideally a blackberry and something like BBM instant messaging would be perfect?
Myself and Umgolaarmagh would exchange the odd ropey message via this route. Each text would cost 10p approx?

armaghniac

Apart from the Vodafone deal, if you want to chat to NI landlines (or elsewhere in the world) while on a mobile in Dublin then one of these indirect services is good

http://www.dialacode.ie  from three.ie phone
http://www.1call.ie/ from o2.ie phone

it might be interesting for someone to try these while roaming on these networks and see how much they charge (you pay for the call to the indirect number, then dial the number you want).

also O2 and Vodafone Irl give hundreds of free webtexts anywhere in the world each month, so this is a good way  of cutting the bill if texts are the preferred mode of communication.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

Quote from: armaghniac on August 30, 2011, 10:20:47 PM

also O2 and Vodafone Irl give hundreds of free webtexts anywhere in the world each month, so this is a good way  of cutting the bill if texts are the preferred mode of communication.
There is an app on android phones called Textdroid that lets you use your free webtexts from your phone.
It lets you know how many are left as well.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerry

QuoteUse a smartphone, ideally a blackberry and something like BBM instant messaging would be perfect?
Myself and Umgolaarmagh would exchange the odd ropey message via this route. Each text would cost 10p approx?

blackberry message (bbm) would be free as long as you have the £5 per month blackberry o2 bolt on, i have being using it all summer
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

men in black

Have a BB at the min and would use BBM and WhatsApp to non BB smart phones that also have it loaded.

Stall the Bailer

Anyone use GiffGaff http://giffgaff.com/
It uses the O2 network (I think it might be owned by them)
They have some good offers. I'm thinking of changing to them once my current contract is up

onefaircounty

Have been with Vodafone for 8 or 9 years now and highly recommend them.

It's not a massive thing, but their customer service has been first class, a lot better than most companies i've dealth with, not just phone companies.

Sandino

Im with vodafone for 9/10 years I think. I have had no issues what so ever. Good value for money and good coverage! A few summers ago they even offered a cross border service for free.

To those lads who know this stuff has there been any real move towards an all ireland tarriff or will they just string it out for as long as possible until there is an even lower trans european tariff? Surely if one of the major players, vodafone or O2 did this they would claim a massive part of the irish market or perhaps their profits locally mean they don't need to do this and the status quo suits both companies.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

armaghniac

However, if some of those politicians had earned their keep they would have addressed this All Ireland mobile issue long ago. As always we have to wait on a Europe wide solution despite all of the Anglo Irish bollix over the years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

men in black

Some good reading. People seem to stay with their provider for a long time. With Vodafone myself and they have been good from day one with no issues. Just looking I suppose, sorry Vodafone. (OK as long as they don't catch me at it, not like that time with the girl in a well know shopping centre)
Looks like O2 are the peoples choice so far.