NCAA College Football

Started by AZOffaly, August 29, 2011, 05:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

For some reason my 'search' is not finding the American Sports Thread, so apologies for that. This week sees the start of the NCAA Football season, and as Sky and ESPN have done a deal to supply ESPN and ESPN America to all Sky Sports subscribers, a lot of people will have a chance to watch the games if they are interested. If you are, my blog this week has diverted from the GAA briefly, and offers this primer for people watching for the first time, or even unsure of what the hell is going on re. Bowl games, National Champions etc etc.

http://shane-sportsramblings.blogspot.com/2011/08/ncaa-college-football-primer-for-autumn.html

Minder

They are also offering 3 months free ESPN to Sky Sports subscribers in the UK.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oraisteach

AZ, like that your blog includes Script Ohio, one of the great college football traditions. Beat that team from up North!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Just read that blog AZ. What a wonderfully mad system!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Capt Pat

I think that ESPN have the monday night NFL games as well. So that would be a bonus for NFL fans.

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on August 29, 2011, 06:31:41 PM

Do you have to phone up and ask or do you just automatically get it for the 3 months?

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on August 29, 2011, 06:59:13 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 29, 2011, 06:31:41 PM

Do you have to phone up and ask or do you just automatically get it for the 3 months?

You have to phone up. Initially it seemed to be just for people upgrading to Sky Sports, but is open to everyone now.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Cheers AZ, you have filled in a lot of gaps for me.  I recall somewhere recently seeing a list of the biggest stadiums in the world, would I be right in saying most of these were college football stadiums, with capacities of well over 100,000.

Oraisteach

You're dead on, Boycey.  For example, Michigan Stadium ("The Big House") holds just shy of 110,000 and Ohio State ("The Horseshoe") about 103,000.  And when these teams play at home, the games are always a sellout.

Tony Baloney

Good blog AZ. Must take some time - 140 characters would be no use to a man like you!

AZOffaly

Doesn't really. I normally do it during lunch. Takes about 30 minutes. I only write about stuff i care about, so I don't have to spend a whole while researching stuff.

David McKeown

I attended UT the last time it won the National Championships and it took me about a year to understand what AZ has in that blog very impressive.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

screenexile

My head hurts  ??? ??? Good article though and it has convinced me to take a gander ar the NCAA so thanks AZ.

I'm looking forward to your article in a few months time on 'March Madness'

mortified

great blog, just wondering in future how would you get a ticket for a college game or is it fairly easy. heading to 49ers seahawks in 2 weeks should be awesome
quit your jibba jabba fool!!