2012 London Olympics - Official thread

Started by muppet, August 21, 2011, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Great interview from Nevin on RTE, seems like a sound lad.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 05, 2012, 10:17:56 PM

Came across very well

Tubberman

At the end he said there had been a bit of a 'dispute' and he wanted to clarify he is very happy and proud to represent the town of mullingar. Anyone know what that's about?
I know he's fighting out of cavan boxing club - that anything to do with it?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Tubberman on August 05, 2012, 10:23:52 PM

At the end he said there had been a bit of a 'dispute' and he wanted to clarify he is very happy and proud to represent the town of mullingar. Anyone know what that's about?
I know he's fighting out of cavan boxing club - that anything to do with it?

Could be something to do with this http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/travellers-vow-to-end-feuding-after-judge-lets-65-walk-free-2078638.html

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 05, 2012, 10:14:26 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 05, 2012, 10:00:26 PM
Great stuff from nevin, fair play to bolt delivering aswell.

Was over the moon for murray aswell, hopefully go on to win us open now.

is anyone else worried that katie taylor is fighting a brit?

Must admit, I am a wee bit

Bernard Dunne summed it up perfectly, "Kate is a better boxer, she's a better fighter, she's faster hands, she's stronger, but she's not British and that's the only thing that concerns me going in to this fight."

Canalman

Delighted for Nevin and our 1st medal of the games.

Maybe it is me but I thought the Mexican deserved to have the bout alot closer and I honestly (with no boxing background at all)  thought that he had won the last round handily and that the outcome would be very close.
Cracking fight and credit to both fighters.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2012, 10:11:18 PM
What the f**k was Denise Lewis talking about that the British fans wouldn't be happy with Gatling getting a medal, I bet if Chambers had got a bronze it would have been a different story.

They are complete hypocrites. If they stand by this then for missing three tests ohorogu should have been banned and missed the Olympics. They were supporting her.

Lewis and Jackson should be nowhere near tv punditry - they're useless.

Capt Pat

In terms of clean head shots which is what counts at the olympics Nevin I thought was the clear winner. Before the body shot knockdown in the final round Nevin had tacked on about five or six points to nothing much for the Mexican. Then the knoock down gave momentum to the Mexican. I thought John Joe won the round

Orangemac

Great to get off the mark with a medal today.

Tomorrow will hopefully bring another medal for Annalise Murphy and if Katie Taylor and maybe Paddy Barnes could win one it wouldn't be a bad return overall.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 05, 2012, 11:40:09 PM
In terms of clean head shots which is what counts at the olympics Nevin I thought was the clear winner. Before the body shot knockdown in the final round Nevin had tacked on about five or six points to nothing much for the Mexican. Then the knoock down gave momentum to the Mexican. I thought John Joe won the round

http://www.london2012.com/boxing/event/men-bantam-56kg/match=bxm056302/index.html

The scoring

Tony Baloney

Awkward moment from Alan Wells (sitting beside Michael Johnson), declaring himself the last white man to appear in the final. Hmmm, and what?

Capt Pat

Katey will be fine I think. She is the premier female boxer in the world and the judges will expect her to win 

Orior

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 05, 2012, 11:46:02 PM
Awkward moment from Alan Wells (sitting beside Michael Johnson), declaring himself the last white man to appear in the final. Hmmm, and what?

Could they not organise a race just for the whiteys?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Canalman on August 05, 2012, 10:42:03 PM
Delighted for Nevin and our 1st medal of the games.

Maybe it is me but I thought the Mexican deserved to have the bout alot closer and I honestly (with no boxing background at all)  thought that he had won the last round handily and that the outcome would be very close.

He was coming forward a lot but sometimes people mistake that for actually winning in boxing. As he charged forward he was getting picked off by Nevin quite a bit even though he did land one cracking body shot.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Orior on August 06, 2012, 12:07:24 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 05, 2012, 11:46:02 PM

Could they not organise a race just for the whiteys?