2012 London Olympics - Official thread

Started by muppet, August 21, 2011, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Derval O Rourke is through to the semi finals of the hurdles 12 th fastest. Ennis didn't show up and Brigitte Foster Hylton a medal contender crashed out.

thejuice

Looking forward to Katies fight later.

I haven't seen any of it so far. Been too busy.

Living abroad has made it difficult to follow Irish athletes progress too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AQMP

You've got to hand it to Christine Ohuruogu.  She's only run sub 50sec three times in her career, twice at the Olympics and once at the World Champs for two golds and a silver...

johnneycool

Quote from: AQMP on August 06, 2012, 11:31:20 AM
You've got to hand it to Christine Ohuruogu.  She's only run sub 50sec three times in her career, twice at the Olympics and once at the World Champs for two golds and a silver...

I hopes she's at home the next time the dopers call though! Hate for her to be out shopping.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 06, 2012, 10:50:58 AM
Derval O Rourke is through to the semi finals of the hurdles 12 th fastest. Ennis didn't show up and Brigitte Foster Hylton a medal contender crashed out.

Tough for Derval to make the final but she's a champ, she'll go close I'd imagine.

thejuice

is that yer man who Kerry tried to recruit?

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

HiMucker

Quote from: johnneycool on August 06, 2012, 11:39:37 AM

I hopes she's at home the next time the dopers call though! Hate for her to be out shopping.
Is that true Jonny? 

johnneycool

Quote from: HiMucker on August 06, 2012, 12:17:10 PM

Is that true Jonny?

What? That she likes shopping?

She missed three out of competition drugs tests and was suspended for a year back in 2007.

Denise Lewis was suitably mute on this point but was happy to voice her disapproval of Gatland a twice caught doper.

oisinog

Quote from: johnneycool on August 06, 2012, 12:25:24 PM

Is that true Jonny?

She missed three out of competition drugs tests and was suspended for a year back in 2007.

Denise Lewis was suitably mute on this point but was happy to voice her disapproval of Gatland a twice caught doper.

If you win a medal you are tested for doping withing 24hours

johnneycool

Quote from: oisinog on August 06, 2012, 12:28:22 PM

Is that true Jonny?

If you win a medal you are tested for doping withing 24hours

I know that and she'll come back clean and so will Gatland, just pointing out a bit of double standards.

AQMP

Is that true Jonny?

As was the policy then, she was banned from the Olympics for life by the British Olympic Assoc.  She had the ban overturned on her second appeal.  Part of her appeal was that she would run for Nigeria if she could not run for GB & NI, which might have been a bit embarassing for the BOA given that she grew up in Stratford.

Clinker

And Annalise Murphy is off in the big boat race.

AQMP

Quote from: Clinker on August 06, 2012, 01:00:50 PM
And Annalise Murphy is off in the big boat race.

Clinker...would appreciate it if you could keep us updated here, having a bit of trouble with other links and have 1:30pm meeting!!

Clinker

Murph in the lead at the moment. Tight still. Loads to go.

Clinker