Dublin v Mayo 2006

Started by Jinxy, August 19, 2011, 07:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Canalman

One of our bad bad days.

Honestly don't think Mayo fans realize how badly the Dubs want a bite at them again  to avenge that day.

Galling thing was that Mayo were no good as AIF proved.

Trash talking after game not forgotten either.

Will 2011 be the year we meet again?

ildanach

3 fond memories i have of that game
Brady putting manners on whelan
coming back from the brink -and actually believing we could
McDonalds winning point
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ildanach

pillar just made the mistake that cost dublin that game... taking shane ryan off. could never understand why he made that change
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

squire_in_navy_slacks

who gives a balls...............fair play to mayo for winning that one..................some of the theatrics were hilarious

two naive teams.................

Sam2011

What a day that was! Hopefully do the same again Sunday to the Kerry lads!!

C'MON THE GREEN AND RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jinxy

Quote from: ildanach on August 19, 2011, 08:40:21 PM
pillar just made the mistake that cost dublin that game... taking shane ryan off. could never understand why he made that change

Because Shane Ryan was always the fall guy under Pillar.
He was hoovering up some amount of ball and the Mayo lads were bouncing off him.
I would have taken off Whelo before him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

Memories i have from that day was our minors beating Meath to reach the All Ireland final, Leitrim getting hammered in the Tommy Murphy cup final & the Roscommon support getting Mayo over the line.

Was some night/morning out after those games.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

My cousin in Dublin was there needless to say, he had his Dublin jersey on him. He adores McDonald, when McDonald got the winning point he went buck-mad jumping around like a child. Weird thing about that was having Darren Homan sitting beside him looking at him in disbelief! Jaysus that was some day alright.  :)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jell 0 Biafra

Haven't seen the game since the day, but as I recall the big mistake was moving Ryan into defence, when he'd been dominating midfield.

diehard

I couldnt help but notice the roasting Brogan gave to Keith Higgins - ouch!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Jinxy on August 19, 2011, 09:00:12 PM

Because Shane Ryan was always the fall guy under Pillar.
He was hoovering up some amount of ball and the Mayo lads were bouncing off him.
I would have taken off Whelo before him.

they still are. he wasnt right on to the pitch last sunday when of the tipp lads tried to shoulder him and near ended up in the front row of the cusack
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Chimley

Quote from: diehard on August 20, 2011, 12:04:53 AM
I couldnt help but notice the roasting Brogan gave to Keith Higgins - ouch!

I remember that very well too. Keith had a few days like that in his early days. My abiding memory from that game was Whelan taking out McGarrity in a display of pure thuggery. Dublin will still be wondering how they lost that game and I do feel that they will be hoping for us in the final for more reasons than we aren't Kerry.

Mayo4Sam

What I remember is the singing of Dublin in the rare oul times when they were 7 points up, cocky f**kers got their comeuppance IMO. Most disrespectful thing I've seen in croker, I suppose they were just used to hammering teams in Leinster. Fans took it well after though in fairness.

Canalman don't know how you can say we were no-good, coming back from 7 points and we still get no respect? Should be used to it at this stage
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me