All Time Championship Appearances

Started by Qwerty28, August 15, 2011, 10:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty28

Would anyone have a list of the top all time championship appearances. After Brendan Cummins breaking Christy Ring's record in hurling, was wondering who holds the equivalent in the football?

AZOffaly

I think it's Darragh O'Se isn't it? Yep 81 games.

Frank Casey

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 15, 2011, 10:17:39 PM
I think it's Darragh O'Se isn't it? Yep 81 games.

81 appearances I think.
KERRY 3:7

ildanach

it should be championship apperances though not qualifers. provinchial championship, qf, semis and finals. Even at that lads are getting an extra game that wasn't there originally
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

AZOffaly

Qualifiers are Championship.In fact qualifiers are more like championship used to be. 1 shot and you're gone.

blewuporstuffed

i think Philip Jordan has made over 60 consectutive appearances for Tyrone, which is some record
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Qwerty28

Thanks for the replies! Still looking for a complete list and also a list of top scorers if anyone has any ideas!

Orangemac

http://www.gaainfo.com/allplayers_records.php?type=scored&sport=f

This may not be up to date. Compared to other sports there is a serious lack of good statistics available.

Qwerty28

Had checked on that site but as you can see it only goes up until 2009...same as appearances list on that site. Be interested in wondering what happended that site as it had makings of a great reference point....

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Orangemac on August 16, 2011, 11:37:25 PM

This may not be up to date. Compared to other sports there is a serious lack of good statistics available.

That site is all wrong, has Darragh O'Sé down as only 50 c/ship games up to 2009.

Hard to find stats for GAA alright, Terracetalk site has all the Kerry stats which is only of a certain use of course, but is very good. Tom Sé is making his 74th c/ship appearance on Sunday so I'd imagine he's 2nd, Tom Sullivan has 70.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

ildanach

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 18, 2011, 05:22:18 AM
Hard to find stats for GAA alright, Terracetalk site has all the Kerry stats which is only of a certain use of course, but is very good. Tom Sé is making his 74th c/ship appearance on Sunday so I'd imagine he's 2nd, Tom Sullivan has 70.

please god it's his last for this year too! He can add more next year!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

5 Sams

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 18, 2011, 05:22:18 AM
Quote from: Orangemac on August 16, 2011, 11:37:25 PM

That site is all wrong, has Darragh O'Sé down as only 50 c/ship games up to 2009.

Brilliant website....serious amount of stuff on there.
The Aristocrat Years

RedandGreenSniper

Hasn't John O'Leary the greatest number of consecutive championship games? Something like 71 IIRC.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

bcarrier

That Terrace talk site is excellent alright.

Gooch is 5th on the Kerry all time list with 59 games and is still only 28.

http://www.terracetalk.com/kerry-football/top-appearances/Championship

Qwerty28

Just wondering if anyone has any idea on where to get an up to date list of championship appearances for all counties and overall, as well as a list of top scorers?